Tuesday, April 3, 2012

28w5d

How Far Along: 28w5d

Milestones: Your baby is growing and developing at an astonishing rate.  The eyebrows and eyelashes are now present and the hair on his head is growing.  The eyelids open.  The eyes are completely formed. The body is getting plumper and rounder.  Your baby is composed of around 2% to 3% body fat.  The muscle tone is gradually improving.  The lungs are capable of breathing air but if the baby is born now he would struggle to properly breath.  Be sure to talk to your baby a lot because he can recognize your voice now.

Total Weight Gain: 21.2 lbs. I have lost a bit of weight but I think this is to be expected.  The new diet is keeping some of my sweet eating under control.  Plus I am isolated upstairs all day long so the only food I have to eat is what Kara leaves me for the day.  I also think I gained some water weight in the hospital and I have since lost that weight.  

Maternity Clothes:  Nothing new in this area.

The belly shot for this week ...


Sleep:  Our sleep schedule has changed a bit because of the new work schedule for Kara.  I am trying my best to adjust my sleep schedule too.  Most nights Kara works until 10pm so it is usually between 11pm and midnight before she is ready to go to sleep.  This is late for someone who is used to waking up at 4:00 am to be at work by 5:00am!!  So it might take a bit of time for me to adjust accordingly.  But I am trying my best.  

Best Moment of the Week:  The boys are still in my belly!!

We had our OB appointment today.  It was fairly uneventful.  That's a good thing.  My blood pressure was 120/70.  And both the boys sounded great on the fetal doppler.  The OB said my blood sugar numbers are awesome and that I am doing a great job following the low carbohydrate diet.  We are trying but there are times it is really difficult.  There are a few high numbers every once in awhile but the OB said that is totally to be expected.  The OB also did the fFN test today.  I should have the results of that test tomorrow.  The OB indicated the test would be repeated every two weeks until about 34 weeks.

We got quite a bit of hand-me-downs from our really good friends who had twin girls in September 2011.  Obviously we would have gotten a lot more items but there are two boys growing in my belly!!  She was still able to give us quite a bit of gender neutral newborn sleepers.  We also got a Fisher Price My Little Lamb Infant Seat.   Plus ... we are going to get a Double Snap and Go (stroller) from them once the boys arrive.  Every little bit helps!

I almost have my hospital bag packed too.  It is a bit slow going because there a few items I needed to purchase that I have had to order online because I can't go shopping.  We learned a lot with the hospitalization and I did not want to be headed to the hospital again without having everything in place. Of course we will wait until much later to pack a bag for the boys because if they would be born now they would not be going home immediately.

Sex: Boys!!

Food Cravings:  Ice Cream.  Ice Cream.  Ice Cream.  And all the foods I am not allowed to eat at the moment.  Doesn't that always happen??

Food Aversions:  None

Symptoms:  I'm just getting bigger.  And it thrills me.  The contractions have definitely lessened in frequency.  I think it amazing what a low activity level has done for the contractions.  I am getting heartburn more often.  But otherwise I feel really good.  I just move really slow.  This probably has to do with a bigger belly and a lack of activity on bed rest.  The stairs all but do me in!  It is a good thing I am only allowed to climb the stairs once a day or I would be in trouble.

Upcoming Events:  We have our next OB appointment on April 10th and our next MFM appointment on April 17th.  We also have our Baby Shower on April 22nd and I am hoping with every ounce of my being that I will be able to attend it.  If I am still pregnant (I better be), then I will be allowed to go and sit in a chair the entire time.  It gives me something to look forward to.

Please keep growing boys and stay in my tummy for several more weeks!

Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment