Tuesday, April 10, 2012

29w5d

I think I am going to skip the regular survey this week.  I'm just not motivated to complete it.

I wish I could tell you that I am getting good at this whole bed rest gig.  But I am not.  It has been three weeks and I am hitting a bit of a wall.  Okay.  It would be more appropriate to say that I am hitting a wall about the size of the Great Wall of China.  Things are a bit lonely around these parts.  It is difficult to be confined to the same room day after day.  I think the dogs are even getting tired of being confined.  I am able to leave the house on occasion.  But I dread leaving the house because I know that I will suffer the consequences when I return home in the form of a night of contractions.  We had our OB appointment today and it was the biggest waste of time in the world.  I don't even want to get into it.  Let's just say it involved a long wait in the waiting room and then a visit with a nurse practitioner (instead of my OB) who did not bother to even read my chart before coming into the room.  I almost left the appointment in tears but I ended up laughing the whole way home instead.  I think it was because I had Kara with me to serve as a distraction.  And of course I return home to contractions.  It just got me super frustrated ... so what do I do?  I eat.  Way to go gestational diabetes girl!!  I know tomorrow is a new day and I just need to get through the rest of today.  But some days it is just ugly up on the third floor!!  And today is one of those days.   I am trying to read and watch movies but one can only do that for so long.  It is especially getting tough as I get bigger and more uncomfortable.  I cannot even explain how uncomfortable I get at times.  So I think my downward spiral is just a combination of things ... okay ... pity party over!

The boys are still in my belly!! And that is the best gift in the entire world.

We met with a pediatrician yesterday.  I was referred to the practice by a coworker who also has twins and overall I was impressed with the office.  We don't really have anything to compare it to at the moment and because I cannot exactly pediatrician shop at the moment I think we will go with this practice.  It's not like we are tied down to the office.  There are plenty of other pediatricians in the world.  If we want to switch practices at some point we can do that.  The pediatrician answered all of our questions and for the most part we seem to share similar beliefs on certain subjects such as vaccinations, breastfeeding, and circumcision.  We also want to the boys to have a male pediatrician which will take some getting use to on my part because I typically like to work with female physicians.  But in the long run I think it will be much better for us to use a male pediatrician.  The office also treated Kara with respect and gave us co-custody forms to get filled out so that Kara will be treated as the boys' mother too in regards to medical decisions.  So we have found our pediatrician!

I am getting bigger!  I hope that means the boys are growing nice and strong.  I am starting to experience some new symptoms ... some of which I will leave off of this blog!!  I'm starting to have issues with my left leg.  I think one of the boys is sitting on a nerve and so I am constantly losing circulation in my left leg.  It doesn't last forever but it can be a bit painful.  I am still dealing with contractions.  They seem to be worse at night but they do tend to eventually disappear or at least not increase in frequency.  I just keep an eye on them.  Their movements have definitely changed over the last week.  Their kicks and punches are much more intense.  And I can now get them awake by simply tapping on my belly or pushing on a foot.  It is fun.  I'm sure they get annoyed with me!  I am still testing my blood sugar four times a day.  My numbers have been really good.  I am starting to miss certain foods but I am also starting to realize the negative impact certain foods have on my blood sugar numbers.  All I wanted last night for dinner was a bowl of cereal.  It had been forever since I had a bowl of cereal.  My blood sugar number post dinner ... 140.  Huge Fail.  No more cereal for this gestational diabetes momma until after the boys are born.  Darn.

I wish I had something else exciting to report but I do not.  We are looking forward to our Baby Shower on April 22nd.  We have an MFM appointment on April 17th and our next OB appointment on April 24th.

Please keep growing boys and stay in my belly!

Mary

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on keeping the boys in! Every day in matters for sure. I know it's so tough, but you're doing a fantastic job. You, your boys, and Kara are in my thoughts.

    ReplyDelete