Sunday, April 15, 2012

30w3d

This is my 100th post!  (I'm still waiting for Kara to post an entry ... ???)

How Far Along: 30w3d

Milestones: Your little one weighs in at over three pounds now.  He will be packing on the weight at a rate of half a pound per week for the next seven weeks.  Also growing daily is his brain which is actually starting to look like the real thing with those characteristic grooves and wrinkles.  And now that your little genius can regulate his own body temperature and turn up the heat he will start shedding lanugo.  The lanugo is the downy body hair that's been keeping him warm up until now.

Total Weight Gain:  26.4 lbs.  No your eyes are not playing tricks on you.  I have put on some massive pounds in the last two weeks.  I feel as if I am still eating fairly healthy so I am not going to worry about it at this point.  A story to make myself feel better ... I participated in weight watchers about two years ago and I managed to lose 20 pounds over that time.  So in order to make myself feel better I try to remember that I only weigh six pounds more than I did when I started weight watchers.  Heck.  It makes me feel better.

Maternity Clothes:  I outgrew my XS maternity jeans.  I guess I am glad I let the salesperson talk me into buying a pair of XS jeans and a pair of S jeans several months ago.  Not a proud moment.  I'm going to blame it all on my growing belly as opposed to my growing thighs!

I did get brave and take bare belly shots this week (there is a clothed picture on the belly page).  I will warn you again to look away if you have a weak stomach!



By the way ... the weird mark above my belly button??  I was a super smart 18 year-old and decided that a belly button ring was the way to go.  At least it wasn't a tattoo!  It has been weird to watch the scar tissue from the belly button ring grow all funky during this pregnancy.  And can you see my outie belly button??

Sleep:  I am officially awake every hour.  It is like clockwork.  I have to get up to go the the bathroom and readjust myself at least once an hour.  There are times that I am up every 30 minutes.  But when I do fall back to sleep each hour I sleep just fine.  It's just all a matter of finding the comfortable spot.  There are actually several times where I still wake-up on my back.  I guess I'm not that big if I can flip myself over in my sleep.

Best Moment of the Week:  The boys are still in my belly!!

Sex:  Boys!!

Food Cravings:  What don't I crave?  I'm still craving ice cream.  Yum.  And I'm also on a jelly bean kick.  But in terms of healthy food ... I have learned that my blood sugar numbers go crazy in response to eating refined starch foods (like bread, cereal, waffles, pancakes).  There are also certain fruits with a significant amount of carbohydrates that my body cannot handle.  This includes bananas.  A favorite of mine.  I tend to eat the same breakfast every morning ... a carnation instant breakfast (a source of carbohydrates), two pieces of bacon, two scrambled eggs with salsa and a side of fruit (usually blueberries and strawberries).  It sounds like a ton of food but my body responds really well to this meal.  My post breakfast sugar numbers are always good.  I tend to change-up lunch.  I alternate between tuna fish (I can only have it once a week per OB guidelines), egg salad, hot dog, and grilled chicken.  Most days I will eat an apple with my lunch but on occasion I sneak in some potato chips.  On the days I eat potato chips my post lunch number is horrible!  And dinner varies night to night.  For snacks I alternate between fresh fruit and light whipped cream, a granola bar (if my blood sugar numbers were lower at a certain point), apple and peanut butter, graham crackers and milk, and graham crackers and peanut butter.  I will sneak in a piece of toast with peanut butter on occasion.  My nighttime snack is my guilty pleasure of the day (and will not continue after I give birth!!).  I usually have a couple of cookies or some ice cream.  The sweets really don't seem to impact my numbers.  So that gives you an idea of my diet.  And I wonder how I have gained 26 pounds??? Haha.

Food Aversions:  None

Symptoms:  The acid reflux is in full force.  It tends to get worse each day.  I will take TUMS if I am in agony but I would rather poke my finger with a needle 15 times then take TUMS.  I hate the texture.

The weird symptom of the week ... The hair on my legs no longer grows.  Huh??  I mean it grows but it takes weeks and weeks.  I can shave my legs and a week later it looks like I just shaved my legs.  But believe me ... I am growing hair like a monkey on the rest on my body.  How does that work?  For example ... I shave my arm pits and by the time I am out of the shower I probably need to shave again.  I'm a crazy hormonal mess.

I am still having contractions.  I get a lot of braxton hicks contractions but I tend to only get "real" contraction every few hours and usually I will usually only get one or two at a time.  So I am still a firm believer that the bed rest is doing wonders for my body.

Upcoming Events:  Our baby shower is April 22nd!!!  I am so excited and just hope with every ounce of my being that I will be able to attend it.  We have our MFM appointment on April 17th.  I am really nervous about this appointment but I hope that all goes just fine.  Kara and I will be putting my hospital bag in the car before this appointment.  We figure if we take the bag with us then all will be okay and we will get to come back home.  Reverse psychology??

Please keep growing little ones and stay in my belly!

Mary

1 comment:

  1. You have a really NICE pregnant belly!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete