Tuesday, April 24, 2012

our baby shower

We had our baby shower this past weekend.  Kara and I were simply blown away by the generosity of our friends and family members.  It was a day I will never forget and thankfully we were able to capture the event with a lot of photographs so the boys will know just how much they were loved long before they even arrived in this world.

There was not really a theme for the baby shower.  We wanted our entire family to be involved in the event so we decided to shy away from traditional baby shower themes.  Instead our friends and family gathered at the Gahanna Golf Course Clubhouse for a lot of food and fun.  It just gave us all an opportunity to get together in the same room.  Kara and I have never been able to have all our closest family members in the same room at one time.  We were missing a couple of family members but I know they were thinking about us.

I have included some pictures of the shower to give you an idea of all the excitement that was had that day.  The pictures can show you the wonder of the day better than I can describe it in words.

And what was even better ... I was able to be at the shower with the boys still in my belly.


The cake.  It matched the invitations almost exactly.  A close friend of mine made the cake for us and she did an absolutely amazing job!


The shower was given to us by both grandmothers and also by two of my aunts.  It was a team effort.  These are pictures of the favors that were made by Kara's mother.  They were awesome.


Some of the yummy food!


Here we visiting with some of our friends.


See?  We were spoiled!!


I don't think I wiped the smile off of my face all day!


Opening our gifts!


I made Kara do all the hard work!  (as always)


I love this picture of Kara!


That is a toy chest that was handcrafted by Kara's stepfather!  It is simply amazing and already has a place in the nursery.  The boys will be able to keep this toy chest for the rest of their lives.  Thank you Grandpa Park!


The love of my life!  The date of the baby shower is also extremely significant to both of us as it fell on our Anniversary!  It was six years ago that Kara and I went on our first date together.  What was to be a quick morning hike in the woods turned into a day long event and now Kara and I are preparing to welcome two little boys into the world.  I feel so blessed.

Thanks again to all our friends and family members who made this day so very special for us!

Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment