Saturday, December 31, 2011

15w2d

How Far Along: 15w2d

Milestones: The average fetus at 15 weeks weighs 2.5 ounces and measures 4 inches.  His proportions are becoming even more normal since his legs are longer than his arms.  You probably can't feel it yet, but he's squirming a ton!  He might even be hiccuping in there.  He's making lots of progress.  His joints and limbs can all move now.

Total Weight Gain:  I am up a total of 4.2lbs as of my official weekly weigh-in.  So not a whole lot of weight gain this week.  But I have definitely grown some in the belly this week.

Maternity Clothes:  Nope.  However, I can no longer button my jeans and I have resorted to using a hair tie to keep them closed.  It is so much more comfortable.

Here is the belly shot for this week ...


See ... I have definitely expanded in the belly region.

Sleep:  Urghh!  Not the best sleep this week.  I can no longer sleep on my belly.  And I have had to add a few extra pillows in bed.  I sleep with a pillow under my belly and a pillow between my legs.  This seems to help a bit.  I just wake-up a lot during the night.  I am also getting really hot when I sleep so I think I wake-up because I am sweating.  And then I will throw the comforter off and wake-up 30 minutes later because I am cold.

Best Moment of the Week:  We found out we are having two little boys!!

Sex: Boys!!

Food Cravings:  I am addicted to veggie subs from Subway!  I could seriously eat one at every meal.

Food Aversions:  Nope.

Symptoms:  I guess all it took was mentioning the headaches at my OB appointment and getting a prescription for some medication in order for my headaches to go away.  I have been headache free for a few days!  Please stay away.  It is nice to have the medication on hand though should the headaches appear again.

I am officially feeling pulling and tugging these days.  I also have occasional cramping.  I think the cramping comes if I am dehydrated.  I am really trying my best to drink as much water as I can during the day.  I am drinking a minimum of 67 ounces a day.  This does not include the glass of juice I have with breakfast in the morning.  Most days I manage to get about 84 ounces though.  The pulling is the worst when I go from a sitting position to a standing position.  I seriously do a double take of the ground because I feel like my bladder is going to fall out.  I have been reassured that all of this is normal because of all the growing the little ones are doing.  It is weird because I can now clearly feel the outline of my uterus.  It goes up to my belly button at the moment.  Crazy.

Upcoming Events:  We have an OB appointment on January 10th and we have a MFM appointment on January 24th.  We will also probably schedule an elective u/s in between those dates too.

Please keep growing little ones.

Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment