Saturday, December 17, 2011

13w2d

How Far Along: 13w2d

Milestones: Fingerprints have formed on your baby's tiny fingers, her veins and organs are clearly visible through her still-thin skin, and her body is starting to catch up with her head - which makes up just a third of her body size now.  If you're having a girl, she now has more than 2 million eggs in her ovaries.  Your baby is almost 3 inches long (the size of a medium shrimp) and weighs nearly an ounce.

Total Weight Gain:  I am officially up a total of 0.8 lbs this morning.  Huh?  So that means I have lost a bit of weight this week.  These little ones are taking everything I am putting in my body because I am eating a ton!  Let's review yesterday's "healthy" eating ...

2 pieces of cinnamon raisin bread with butter
2 glasses of orange juice
an orange
a glazed doughnut (I was forced to eat the doughnut. I swear.)
a hot pocket (I never even liked hot pockets before I got pregnant now I am eating them all the time.  Huh?)
potato chips
a few sips of Pepsi (I know.  I am horrible mother.)
5 hershey kisses
a half a burrito bowl from Chipotle (with sour cream I might add)
a half a bag of tortilla chips from Chipotle with guacamole

That is a sorry excuse for healthy eating if I ever saw one!  Please don't show that list to my OB.  Yet the scale says I have only gained a total of 0.8 lbs since I got pregnant.  I promise I do eat healthier most other days.  Yesterday was a bad day.  

Maternity Clothes: I am still in my regular clothes with no indication that I am outgrowing them at the at the moment.

Here is the new belly picture for this week ...


Sleep:  I am still sleeping a lot.  But I have noticed a significant decrease in the number of times I wake-up in the middle of the night to pee.  I have read this decreases in the 2nd trimester.  I am now officially a back sleeper.  I still fall asleep on my side / belly but I always wake-up on my back.  It is definitely getting a bit uncomfortable to sleep on my belly.  What happens when I can't sleep on my back?  How am I going to wake-up?  I guess I will be too big to roll over anyhow so I imagine I would just stay on my side.

Best Moment of the Week:  We had a lot of wonderful moments this week.

Obviously the greatest moment this week was seeing our little ones at the MFM appointment.

We also announced our pregnancy to the world this week.  Yikes!  I made the announcement at work on Thursday (December 15th).   I actually had my really good friend spill the beans because I absolutely did not want to do it.  So this is how it went down ...

My really good friend (let's call her A) recently gave birth to twin girls and also recently found out that another mutual acquaintance of ours (let's call her X) is pregnant with twins.  So A went to spill the beans about X to her boss (let's call the boss M).  I could hear this conversation from my cubicle.

A: Guess What?  X is pregnant with twins!
M: (squeal) Seriously?  That is so exciting.  
A: I know.  It's been a twin explosion.  I just had twins.  Mary is pregnant with twins.  And now X is pregnant with twins.
M:  What?  Mary is pregnant with twins?
A: Yes.
M: (squeal)

It then took about five seconds for me to be tackled at my desk.  And of course the commotion caused everyone else to come running.  I survived!  The painful part only lasted about 20 minutes and most of the responses were extremely positive.  There were a few people who completely ignored me the remainder of the day but for they most part those people did not surprise me.  I am curious though as to how these coworkers expect to not ever make eye contact with me for the next six months.  Haha!

 I did get a really funny e-mail from a co-worker later in the day.  I copied a part of the e-mail below ...

"I had to share this conversation with you.  I was just talking to a co-worker (who will remain unnamed to minimize any further embarrassment) and I mentioned that I was amazed at how well you had been handling the stress at work without giving any indication to us that you were trying to get pregnant or that you were pregnant.  Our co-worker responded with, "How do you know she was even trying to get pregnant?"  ... insert awkward silence.  I just had to share that with you."  

Kara and I then made our official announcement on Facebook that evening.  These were the posts we made to our Facebook pages ...

Mary: "There is big news in the Daniel / Heitzman household.  And we think it is time to announce it to the world.  (deep breath)  Kara and I are thrilled to announce that we are expecting twins in early June 2012.  (We know it can all be a bit confusing but I will be the one with the growing belly.)"

Kara: "Congratulations to the most wonderful person I know for completing her second degree.  All while pregnant with twins! You're awesome Mary!"

The responses we received on Facebook were nothing but positive and I know that we definitely surprised quite a few people!

So as you can see it has been quite the busy week!

Movement:  Nope

Sex:  It is getting closer to when we can find out the sex of these little ones!  I am so excited!!

Food Cravings:  If it falls in the unhealthy food category, then I am craving it!  I just eat all the time.  It is as simple as that.

Food Aversions:  Not really.

Symptoms:  These are definitely changing a bit.  I still get some nausea at night but I really think it is correlated to being super tired in the evenings.  I also burp and have the hiccups ALL the time.  It gets a bit embarrassing when I am in the middle of a conversation at work.  I still have occasional cramping and pulling in my uterus.  That is to be expected.  There is a lot of growing going on!  The headaches have been non-stop.  I think the headaches are the equivalent of another pregnant woman's morning sickness.  The headaches don't always last all day but on occasion they can drag on the entire day.  Not cool.  I have only taken one Tylenol the entire pregnancy though.  So not too bad.  I still felt like a horrible mother when I took that Tylenol though.  Fail.

Upcoming Events:  My big brother is coming home this week!!  And I have never been more excited to see him.  Yippee.

Kara and I are also excited to spend our first Christmas together as parent's.

We have our next OB appointment on December 28th.

Please keep growing little ones.

Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment