Saturday, December 10, 2011

12w2d

How Far Along: 12w2d

Milestones: The average fetus at 12 weeks is about 2.1 inches long and .49 ounces.  Now that she's got pretty much all her parts, her main job is to keep on growing.  She's about to enter the growth and maturation stage, in which her organs and tissues will grow and develop rapidly.  She's now developing her reflexes.  If you poke her body she will likely move.  She's opening and closing her fingers and curling her toes too.  Her brain is developing fast.


Total Weight Gain: Um?  Okay.  So I put on the pounds this week.  I am officially up a total of 2 lbs as of this morning.

Maternity Clothes:  Nope. I did buy a few more maternity clothes this week.  I bought a pair of jeans and a shirt from Target.  I also bought some shirts from Old Navy.  I hope that I have some time before I am actually wearing maternity clothes but I am trying to get a feel for what clothes I like.  Plus I want to be prepared when my pants don't fit one morning.  No worries ... I have not cut the tags off of anything yet.  I can all be returned.

Here is the new belly picture for this week ...


I think I just look fat!  I think the babies are pushing my stomach up and all my fatness up and it gives me a pseudo belly.

Sleep:  Yep.  I do this.  A lot.  I have been exhausted this week.  I am usually in bed by 7:30pm.  But I also wake-up at least four times a night (Yes. No need to go back and read that again.  I actually typed 7:30pm).  I pee all the time at night.  It is crazy.  It wakes me up out of a dead sleep.  The good news.  I usually fall back to sleep really fast.  I have also noticed that it is getting more difficult to sleep on my stomach.  I have always been a stomach sleeper but I find when I am waking up in the middle of the night I am on my back.  That never happens.  So subconsciously it must not be that comfortable for me to be on my stomach.

Best Moment of the Week:  It was weird to be buying maternity clothes.  I was waiting for someone to tell me to leave the maternity department.  It is especially weird because I don't look pregnant to the normal person.  But because I am pregnant with twins I know this stomach is going to show-up unexpectedly one morning.

Kara and I have a nighttime tradition.  We follow three rules each and every night.  I like to believe these rules help sustain our relationship.  Rule #1: Never go to bed angry.  Rule #2:  Always say "I love you" before you fall asleep. Rule #3:  Always kiss each other good night.  So you might ask how these rules apply to the best moment of the week?  Well ... I now get three kisses each night before I go to bed.  I get one kiss for me and I get one kiss for each baby.  Kara just randomly started doing this each night and it means the world to me.  It is a good moment.

It is also exciting to know that I am getting very close the the 2nd trimester.  This seems like a big deal to me.

Movement:  Nope

Sex:  Still don't know the answer to this question.  I am starting to have a feeling that it is two boys.  But I also would not be surprised if it was one boy and one girl.  The good news.  I think Kara and I have decided on some names.  We will be okay if we have a boy and a girl or two boys.  But we only have one girls name at the moment.  But I would be absolutely shocked if we found out we were having two girls.  The names will remain a secret from everyone until the babies arrive.  It will be our one surprise.  Plus we don't want feedback from everyone!

Food Cravings:  I just eat all the time.  It is really sad.  I don't really have any new cravings this week.  But once I decide what I want to eat you cannot under any circumstance change my mind.  I am still loving apple juice and I was also craving cinnamon bread this week.  Oh.  And I am craving Pepsi like no other.  This is a surprise because I have not had caffeine for such a long time.  I cut out caffeine (besides chocolate) long before I got pregnant.  This week though all I can think about is fountain pop.  I have allowed myself a few sips of Pepsi a day and it seems to help ease the craving.  I know a few sips is not going to kill me.  

Food Aversions:  Not really. These seem to have gone away.

Symptoms:  I am definitely feeling some periods of cramping and random sharp pains.  Of course I panic but the rational side of me knows that my uterus is doing some serious growing and stretching and these pains are going to come and go.  I am also still dealing with headaches.  I tend to always have a headache by the end of the day.  I know I am in trouble if I wake-up with a headache.  It will not go away until the next day.  I refuse to pop any pills though and so far I have been successful.  The nausea has also come back a bit.  This surprises me.  It tends to be worse in the evening.  In fact the other night I woke-up about 2am and experienced my worst bout of nausea to date.  All I wanted to do was hurl and I could not manage to do it.  Thankfully I fell back to sleep in about 30 minutes and it subsided by the morning.  

What I Miss:  Nothing.

Upcoming Events:  We have our appointment with the MFM on December 14th.  I am so so nervous.  Shocker.  If we have a good appointment, then Kara and I will begin to announce this pregnancy to the world.  That is also very frightening.  But it is also exciting.  I will be so relieved to be out of hiding at work.  It is getting difficult to keep my mouth shut and soon it will be difficult to hide my growing belly.  Please send all the prayers you have this week as we approach a very important u/s appointment.

Please keep growing little ones.

Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment