Friday, December 23, 2011

14w1d

How Far Along: 14w1d

Milestones: Your baby's the size of a lemon. Your baby is 3.4 inches and 1.5 ounces.  He has almost doubled in weight since last week and keeps on growing.  He is probably sucking his thumb and wiggling his toes.  His kidneys are making urine and his liver and spleens are doing their jobs too.  He is growing lanugo, a thin peach-fuzz-like hair all over his body.  It will help keep him warm!

Total Weight Gain:  I think the weigh-in last week was a fluke!  I am up a total of 4lbs.  The belly definitely grew this week so this weight gain does not surprise me.  A good moment this week came when Kara was taking my weekly belly shot yesterday.  I lifted up my sweatshirt and she said, "Holy S*%#!  You really are pregnant!"  I'm starting to feel more and more like my belly includes some baby instead of just lunch and dinner.  But I'm stuck in the in-between stage at the moment where I could easily just pass for a fat lady!

Maternity Clothes:  I am still in my regular clothes but I might be moving to the bella band soon.  It will at least help smooth out my belly to make me look more pregnant and less fat.  I do have a good start on maternity clothes though for the morning I wake-up and nothing fits me!

Here is the belly shot for this week ...


Sleep:  I am sleeping just fine.  I still sleep a lot.  I am definitely sleeping on my back most of the time.  I read some pregnancy books that tell me this is a no-no but there is nothing I can do about it.  I fall asleep on my side and then I always wake-up on my back.  I'm not worried about it.  Eventually my back will be uncomfortable and I will probably wake-up still on my side.

Best Moment of the Week:  We got the results of our 1st trimester screening and "the numbers for both babies are in normal range".  Yippee!!  That is a relief.  Go Babies!!  I will ask my OB for more details at my next appointment because the report was faxed to the OBs office.  I am a numbers person (duh!) so I would actually like to know the numbers.  The nurse from the MFM office would not give them to me though.  I was told to direct questions to my OB.

I am officially in the 2nd trimester!! (insert dance moves here)   This is a huge milestone!

Movement:  I cannot wait to feel them move!  Nothing yet.  It will probably be a few more weeks.

Sex:  It is getting closer!  I think we will ask the u/s tech at our appointment this week for a guess.  But we will keep the guess quiet because it is still a bit early.  However, I think Kara and I have decided to get an elective u/s done at around 16 weeks or 17 weeks to determine the sex.  It will cost a bit but would get an actual video of the u/s which we would not get through our OBs office.  And of course more u/s pictures.  Plus we can invite other people to this u/s appointment so we were thinking of asking my mom to tag along.  This way she would be able to see the babies on u/s at least once during this pregnancy.  And she would be there for the big sex reveal!!  We would love for Kara's mom to be able to come too but logistically we know that is not a reality.  So we will see what our OB appointment brings this week but I definitely think we will be scheduling an elective u/s in the near future.  Plus you know I like getting sneak peeks at the babies!!  (Oh!  And if you are reading this mom ... surprise!  Will you come with us?)

Food Cravings:  No real cravings.  I just eat.  And eat.  And eat.  My mom made us a bunch of yummy food this week ... beef stew and chicken noodles ... which I have enjoyed devouring each night.  My friend mentioned fried chicken and mashed potatoes at work the other day and I almost tackled her in mid-sentence.  That was a bit embarrassing.  I think I have done a better job this week eating healthy.  But  I do allow myself sweet treats during the day.  I am sure I will be horrible this weekend because it is the holiday!

Food Aversions:  Nope

Symptoms:  HEADACHES!!  Yep.  These are starting to get on my nerves.  It is essentially a continuous headache at the moment.  The severity of it ebbs and flows during the day but it is always hanging around.  I am going to mention it to my OB at my appointment this week.  I have been taking Tylenol but I still take it very sparingly so it is probably not doing much of anything to actually help my headaches.  I am also still burping non-stop and I still get nausea at night.  I actually get it at 7pm on the dot!  So weird.  It might have something to do with slower digestion.  Who knows?

Upcoming Events:  We have our OB appointment on December 28th.  I hope we get an u/s!!

And Kara and I are excited to celebrate Christmas this weekend.  It will be memorable one for sure.

Please keep growing little ones.

Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment