Saturday, December 3, 2011

11w2d

Baby A and Baby B are officially grounded until they go off to college.  They gave us quite a scare yesterday.  But the good news is both babies seem to be just fine.  So what happened ... I was at work yesterday morning and when I went to the bathroom about 6:30am (I go to work very early) I noticed that I had some very minor spotting.  I did not panic and immediately thought the spotting was probably some withdrawal from stopping the progesterone about 48 hours prior.  I went back to my desk and tried to remain calm.  However, around 7:00am I felt a sudden gush ... um?  Now it was time to panic.  I immediately went to the bathroom and realized that I was bleeding.  It was enough to cover my liner.  I decided to hang out in the bathroom for a few minutes and I realized that I didn't appear to be bleeding anymore.  So I went back to my desk and immediately called Kara who managed to talk me off the ledge a bit.  We just decided that I would call the OBs office as soon as they opened for the day.  I only had some minor spotting after the bleeding incident.  I was trying to remain calm by thinking back to when I had my miscarriage.  I was not have any intense cramping and that was giving me some reassurance.  I called the OBs office at 9:15am and the nurse immediately told me to come in to see the u/s tech.  I was walking in the front door of the OBs office by 9:30am.  The waiting room was full.  I went up to the front desk and let them know that I did not have an appointment but I had called this morning and was told to come in as soon as possible.  The front desk girl immediately said "come on back".  Really?  So by 9:35am I was watching both of my babies on the u/s screen.  I could not bring myself to look at the u/s screen when the tech started but eventually I heard, "Mary.  It is okay to look."  I have never felt so much relief.  The u/s tech took some measurements and both babies appeared to be doing great.  She also searched around for the source of the bleeding but could not find one.  Once the u/s tech was finished she told me to stay put while she went to review the results with the OB.  I know that my OB does not work on Fridays so I assumed she was meeting with the other OB in the office.  About five minutes later there is a knock on the door and in walks my OB.  Relief!!!  She had stopped in the office that morning to do some paper work and was the one that told the nurse when I called this morning to have me come right in.  She reassured me that both babies were doing just fine and sometimes there is not explanation for 1st trimester bleeding.  But because it has seemed to stop for the moment there was no need for me to worry.  I just need to take it easy and follow-up if I have any additional bleeding.  I apologized to the OB for panicking and she quickly reassured me that I need to call the moment I have any sort of concern.  So ... have I mentioned how much I officially love this OBs office!  They rock in my book.  I was walking back into the office by 10:25am only a bit over an hour after I first called the OBs office.  Impressive.  So please keep sending all the positive thoughts and vibes that you can spare that these babies keep growing.

How Far Along: 11w2d

Milestones: Your fetus, about the size of a large lime, measures about 1.75 to 2.4 inches from crown to rump and weighs about three-tenths of an ounce.  You can now hear the heartbeat through a doppler.  Fingernails and external genitalia are showing distinguishing characteristics, and the baby is swallowing and kicking, even though you don't feel it. You uterus is almost big enough to fill your pelvis and may be felt in your lower abdomen.

Total Weight Gain:  I was up 0.8 lbs at my official weigh-in this morning.

Maternity Clothes:  Nope.  But I did buy my first pair of maternity pants!  I know that one morning I am going to wake up and need them.  I actually bought them at the thrift store (a pair of GAP boot cut cords for only $7.99).  I also got a bunch of hand me downs from my really good friend who just had twins.  She is a bit taller than me (that might be a understatement) but I think some of the maternity shirts might fit me towards the end of my pregnancy because they no longer fit her at the end of her pregnancy.  They are just nice to have on hand.

Sleep:  I am actually sleeping great.  I still go to bed early and tend to wake-up around 2:30am.  This is only bad on the days that I have to work and my alarm clock goes off at 4:00am.  Yuck.

Best Moment of the Week:  Our u/s at our first OB appointment.  It never gets old.

We also finished telling most of our immediate family members about the pregnancy.  I even told my twin brother.  I wrote him a letter.  Of course I have not heard a peep from him.  Not a shocker.  But it still stings a bit. (I don't think this should be under the best moment of the week.)

Movement: Nope

Sex:  Welp.  The u/s tech gave us a guess of boy for Baby B at our u/s this past week.  Perhaps?  Kara and I are really starting to believe that Baby A is a girl and Baby B is a boy just based on  personality alone.  We cannot wait to find out!!

Food Cravings: I have not really had any food cravings this weeks.  The foods I have been craving the past few weeks have disappeared.  This does not mean that I'm not stuffing my face.  Because I am.  I am still digging chocolate.  So not a good craving.  Why can't I crave apples?  Though I have been drinking a lot of apple juice.

Food Aversions:  These seem to have disappeared this week.  Though I was craving milk like crazy a few weeks ago and at the moment I can't really stand the thought of it.  Weird.

Symptoms:  I have felt really good this week (outside of our bleeding scare).  I feel really lucky to have survived most of the 1st trimester with minimal symptoms.  I am still exhausted at the end of the day but that is to be expected I think.  I mentioned to the OB at my first appointment on Wednesday that the lack of symptoms makes me really nervous.  I guess it just varies person to person.  And I need to be grateful.  I would be grateful if the bleeding stays away forever.

What I Miss: Nothing

Upcoming Events:  We have our appointment with the MFM on December 14th.

Please keep growing little ones.

Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment