Tuesday, November 1, 2011

telling the parents and other ramblings

So very few people know that we are pregnant.  The only people that know we are pregnant are a handful of friends and family that have been supporting us through this entire journey.  And Kara and I would like to keep it a secret as long as possible.  My mom and dad have been supporting us through this journey.  They did not know the actual date of our first u/s appointment.  I actually fibbed and told them that our first appointment was on Halloween.  Kara and I had decided that we didn't want anyone to know the actual day of the appointment because if we got bad news we wanted to be able to deal with it.  So anyhow Kara and I got the good news on Friday morning and we decided to go to my parent's house that evening to share the news.  We arrived at the house shortly before my mom arrived home from work.  I had some clothes to drop off at the house so that was my reason for the visit.  Of course my mom immediately got freaked out when she pulled into the driveway and saw our car.  We never come over without giving some notice.  So this is how the big reveal went ...

Mom: "You are making me nervous.  Why are you here?"
Me: "I wanted to introduce you to your new grandchildren." (i was pulling out the u/s pictures at this point)
Dad: "Children?"
(I don't think my mom caught on to this part.  She was too busy hugging me.)
Me: "It's twins!"

This was then followed by a lot of hugs and squeals of delight.  It was an exciting moment and I am just glad I could actually surprise them with some sort of news.  We are going to wait to tell Kara's family until Thanksgiving (assuming all is still going well).  We would be about ten weeks at that point.  We will then follow that up by sharing the news with my brothers and other family members.  I do not plan to tell my coworkers until I am at least 13 weeks (I would actually like to try and make it to 14 weeks).  I just keep praying that we actually get to follow this plan.

Symptoms (6w5d):  I officially dry heaved for the first time this morning.  I have had on and off nausea for the past week.  It typically goes away after I have eaten something.  However, unlike last week where I wanted to eat everything in sight, this week nothing sounds good.  So it makes it difficult to shove food down my throat.  The only reason I do it is because I know it will settle my stomach for a few minutes.  I was really nauseous last night and each time I woke up to pee last night (which I do a lot) the nausea was still hanging around.  So needless to say when I woke-up this morning my stomach was not happy.  I dragged my butt down to the kitchen and ate a few pieces of dry cereal and that seemed to help a bit.  But I was still gagging as I put my socks on this morning.  Other symptoms ... I am exhausted.  All the time.  My boobs don't really hurt anymore but they have definitely gotten bigger (cause you need to know that).  So of course I am panicking because my boobs don't really hurt anymore.  Sigh.  The worry will never end.

That is all for now.  I am in a constant state of worry.  I just want to see two little babies with beating hearts at our next appointment.

Please stick little ones.

Mary  

No comments:

Post a Comment