Friday, November 18, 2011

graduation day

The u/s today was simply amazing.  We got really good pictures of both Baby A and Baby B.  Baby A is measuring 9w1d with a heartbeat of 174 bpm and Baby B is measuring 9w1d with a heartbeat of 189 bpm.  There was quite a difference between the heartbeats today but I think it is because Baby A was asleep and Baby B was awake.  Yep you could actually see Baby B moving around and waving his or her arms.  The RE tried to wake Baby A up by pushing on my stomach but he or she was being stubborn.  And they definitely looked like little gummy bears today.  I'm officially attached.

Here are the most recent pictures ...

The Duo


Baby A


Baby B



We also graduated from the RE today.  My RE was going to have me come back in another two weeks for another u/s but I was actually able to schedule an OB appointment on November 30th so that meant today was our last appointment at this office.  Insert a bit a panic.  I told my RE that the only words I could think to say were "Thank You" but with all that she has done for us it needed to go way beyond "Thank You".  I have never encountered a better physician in my life.  She is an extremely modest person and even responded with "It's my job.  I promise it was not problem." but I quickly made her aware that I think she goes above and beyond in caring for her patients.  And she does.  And she does it all unselfishly.  And thankfully she made a quick exit before I got too emotional.  I am not an emotional person by nature and in fact I have yet to cry since I found out I was pregnant.  But I was very close to tears leaving that office today.  We ended our visit by sharing good-byes and hugs with a few of the nurses.  The RE office even gave us our first gifts for the babies.  It was very sweet.  And we will be sure to keep them as keepsakes for our babies.  So that is it.  It is onto a new chapter.    

I have my first OB appointment scheduled for November 30th.  I did a bit of research over the weekend and I think I found an OB office that best meets my needs at the moment.  I am excited for our first appointment and also a bit nervous as it is almost two weeks away.  I just keep trying to think of it as another 2ww.  I can do this.  I really hope I get an u/s that day.  I know.  I'm a bit selfish when it comes to u/s.  I have already had more u/s than most woman do during their entire pregnancy.  But for some reason seeing my little ones on the screen is the only thing that reassures me at the moment.

Symptoms (9w1d) - I actually feel decent at the moment.  I think I have come to accept a new normal.  I get exhausted fast.  And I still find myself sleeping at least nine hours a night.  I also get up to pee at least three times during the night.  The nausea comes and goes.  It actually appears to be worse at night.  However, I am lucky that I have actually never vomited and the nausea really doesn't keep me from eating.  I am eating like a horse.  I'm just really picky about what I eat.  And the biggest news yet ... I am starting to get a bit of a baby bump.  I might have Kara take our first bump picture tomorrow.  It would definitely not be noticeable to a regular person but I can tell it is starting to make an appearance.

That is all for now.

Please stick little ones.

Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment