Saturday, November 26, 2011

10w2d

How Far Along: 10w2d

Milestones: Your baby is now officially called a "fetus".  It looks a little like a medium shrimp, measuring 1.25 to 1.68 inches from crown to rump, and weighing a little less than two-tenths of an ounce.  You might be reassured to know that most physical malformations, when they occur, have occurred by the end of this week, so the most critical part of your baby's development is safely behind you.  But other development processes, such as those affecting behavior and intelligence, will continue throughout pregnancy.  Eyes are covered by skin that will eventually split to form eyelids.

Total Weight Gain: 0 lbs.  I am still holding steady at the same weight.  This was a shock when I weighed myself this morning.  Did you see how much I ate on Thanksgiving??

Maternity Clothes:  Nope.

Sleep:  I am sleeping much better than I was just a week ago.  However, I have quite a bit of time off of work so this could be the reason.  I'm just much more relaxed on my off days.

Best Moment of the Week: There were quite a few this week.  We have made pregnancy announcements to most of our immediate family members.  It has been a bit stressful and exciting all at the same time.  We told Kara's brother and girlfriend on Thanksgiving Day.  We always exchange Christmas presents on Thanksgiving because we all can't be together at Christmas.  This year Kara and I threw in one final gift for Bryan and Katie.  We wrapped up two onesies that said, "Are these people really my relatives?" and then we waited to see how long it took for them to figure it out.  Some of the comments made, "Oh.  These are so cute." and "Wait. What are these?" and "Do you know something I don't know." and "No really ... what are these?".  And then suddenly it all dawned on them.  We got it on camera which was even better.  We will be able to show our kids the video one day.  I also was able to tell my brother today.  I really wanted to make the announcement in person but I won't see him until Christmas.  So I had to do it over the phone.  I think he was in shock.  I simply asked him, "Are you ready to be an Uncle again?"  It was cute.  I'm sure it will sink in over the next few days!

I also officially have a baby bump!  It kind of looks like I swallowed a muffin in the morning.  But by the evening the bloat kicks in and I look super fat!!

The other big news of the week ... I am almost done with the progesterone!  This is super exciting!!

Movement: Nope.

Sex: Nope.

Food Cravings:  I have not had too many food cravings this week.  I am however eating all the time!  I guess this is why I am shocked that I have not gained 10 lbs.  I've been craving chocolate quite a bit this week.  But I am trying to avoid eating too much of it.  But I do sneak a piece every once in awhile.  I wish I had a healthier craving.  I have also been craving Bumblebee Stew from J.Gumbo's.  Yum.  Yum.

Food Aversions:  I still don't have too many food aversions.

Symptoms:  The headaches have arrived with a vengeance this week.  I was really afraid of this.  I am prone to headaches to begin with and I have had one every day this week.  I think it is just my hormones.  The pimples have also come back with a vengeance.  Otherwise I still deal with the exhaustion but the nausea has seemed to disappear except for really late at night.  It usually only comes on when I am really tired.  

What I Miss:  Nothing.

Upcoming Events:  We have our first OB appointment on November 30th.  I am so nervous but I am trying not to think too much about it.  We are just crossing our fingers that we still have two little babies growing in my belly.

Please stick little ones.

Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment