Saturday, November 19, 2011

9w2d

I thought I would officially start a weekly pregnancy survey to keep track of each week.  I stole this from a friend.


How Far Along: 9w2d


Milestones: The embryo measures about 0.9 inches to 1.2 inches from crown to rump.  The embryo is about the size of a strawberry.  The arms and legs are longer and the fingers might be a little swollen where the touch pads are forming.  The head is more erect and neck is more developed.  Your baby now moves its body and limbs and the movement can be visible during an ultrasound, but you won't be able to feel it yet.

Total Weight Gain: 0 lbs.  I lost a pound during the first few weeks of this pregnancy but as of this morning I am back to the weight I was the day I found out I was pregnant.  

Maternity Clothes:  Nope.  I hope to get through the first trimester before I have to think about maternity clothes.  I have a very tiny baby bump at the moment.  It is definitely not noticeable to anyone but Kara and me.

Sleep:  I am exhausted all the time but I have a hard time sleeping more than one or two hours in a row.  I think part of my problem is that I get up to pee about three times a night.  My other problem is my brain.  It never shuts off!

Best Moment of the Week: Our nine week ultrasound.  Amazing!  We also made our official announcement to Kara's Mom and Stepfather.  It was our first pregnancy announcement outside of those who knew we were trying to get pregnant.  I was super nervous!  It was great to be able to see the excitement on Kara's face though as she talked to her mom on the phone.  And her mom was super excited!

Movement: Nope.  They are moving around but I won't feel it for several weeks.

Sex:  We can't wait to find out!  At the moment I think it is two girls and Kara thinks it is a boy and a girl.

Food Cravings: Milk!  I am not usually a big milk drinker but I cannot seem to get enough of it the last couple of weeks.  I have been chugging carnation instant breakfast like it is going out of style.  I am also craving cereal (probably because I get more milk), beans, orange juice, and pasta.

Food Aversions: No real food aversions.  However, outside of the foods I am craving I only seem to be able to eat something one time.  So leftovers sit in our fridge for a long time.  And I feel bad for Kara because she loves to cook but she can no longer plan any meals because I don't know what I am going to want to eat until a few minutes before I eat.

Symptoms: I am nauseous quite a bit but it has become a new normal for me.  I am exhausted.  I usually hit a wall about noon each day.

What I Miss:  Nothing.  I wouldn't trade this for the world.

Upcoming Events: Our first OB appointment is on November 30th.  We are also looking forward to Thanksgiving.  We have to decide if we are going to share the good news with the rest of Kara's family.  I am hesitant to do so but at the same time we only see Kara's family once or twice a year so it would be really nice to be able to give the good news in person.  Plus I always drink wine at Thanksgiving dinner.  It is common for Kara's Aunt to hand me a glass of wine as a I walk through the front door.  So needless to say people are going to notice if I am not drinking.  Such a tough decision.  We are at the point now though that if something did happen to these babies we would need the support of our family.  It was hard enough when we went through an early miscarriage.  If it happened again I would want our family around us.

Please stick little ones.

Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment