Friday, November 11, 2011

it never gets old

I wish I could sneak a peek at our babies every week.  It is an adrenaline rush each and every time.  A moment I cannot put into words.  Pure magic. And getting to hear the heart beats ... I feel transported to a whole other universe.

We had our third u/s today and both babies appear to be right on track.

Baby A is measuring 8w0d with a heartbeat of 180 bpm and Baby B is measuring 8w2d with a heartbeat of 183 bpm.  We could not really get a good picture of Baby B today.  The baby was hanging out far from the u/s probe so he or she just looked like a fuzzy blob.  However, Baby A was super close to the u/s probe and actually sort of looked like a baby today.  Or at least a "gummy bear" as my RE described him or her.  Here are a couple of pictures.

Baby A



Baby B
See Baby B was not having a good picture day!

Unfortunately Kara was not able to go to the appointment with me this morning.  Our furry baby Leo decided to cut his ear about 30 minutes before our appointment.  There was blood everywhere.  It seriously looked like someone had been murdered in the kitchen.  So Kara had to stay behind to tend to Mr. Leo who seems to be doing much better at the moment.  I never knew that so much blood could come from such a little dog!

I believe I only have one more appointment with the RE.  Oh my! I am not an emotional person but fear the emotions will be running rampant when I leave that office next week.  My RE gave me the names of a few OBs in the area and I plan to do some research this weekend to see who might be a good match.  I will call to schedule my first OB appointment next week.  Yikes!  

Symptoms (8w1d):  My number one symptom is pure exhaustion!  I cannot even describe it my friends.  These little "gummy bears" are taking every ounce of my energy.  I am tired from the moment I get up in the morning.  It doesn't help that I get up to pee about four times a night.  I spend most of my day in a crazy fog.  I just go through the motions with my goal being the end of the day.  Otherwise I deal with a feeling of nauseousness all day long.  The only time I am not nauseous is when I am shoving food in my mouth. I don't really have any food aversions but I definitely know what I want to eat at any given moment and you better not try to feed me something different.  But here is the thing ... I wouldn't trade any of these feelings for the world.  I am growing two babies inside of me ... Do you know how amazing that is??

So we wait another week and continue to hope with every ounce of our being that the little ones continue to grow.

Please stick little ones.

Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment