Thursday, February 16, 2012

our song

So music is important to us.  This is definitely true for Kara.  I'm not sure the girl could function if she did not have music in her life.  Anyhow there is a song, "A Thousand Years" (Christina Perri) that has become my song for the babies.  I play it for them all the time.  Okay ... Yes.  The song was originally meant as a love song for the Twilight series (blah).  And by all intents and purposes it is a love song.  However, if you listen to the lyrics it could really apply to a lot of other situations and in my case it applies to the love I have for these boys.  It also applies to the feeling I have that my whole life has led up to this point.  And eventually the day that I get to meet them.  So you have to look beyond some of the lyrics.  If I am in the car and the song comes on the radio I can't help but rub my belly and shed a few tears.  I thought I would include some of the lyrics for my readers.  You can interpret it however you choose to do so.

Time stands still
Beauty in all she is
I will be brave
I will not let anything take you away
What's standing in front of me
Every breath
Every hour has come to this
One step closer

I have died everyday waiting for you
Darling don't be afraid I have loved you
For a thousand years
I love you for a thousand more

And all along I believed I would find you
Time has brought your heart to me
I have loved you for a thousand years
I love you for a thousand more

Please keep growing little ones (and stay in my belly)!!

Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment