Monday, February 6, 2012

20w4d

I don't have the energy for the weekly survey.  I'm just going to type.

I feel like crap.  I'm in the middle of a cold.  I started to get a sore throat last week and I am now in the all plugged up and can't breath portion of this wonderful experience.  I also spent yesterday with braxton hicks contractions every couple of minutes.  I kid you not.  A normal person would have hauled ass to the hospital.  That's what makes this "normal" for me so very difficult.  I am freaked out all the time but I have really zero idea when I should be calling the doctor.  I then think the stress of the situation causes the contractions to intensify and then I get freaked out even more.  Oye.  I could get the braxton hicks contractions to slow down to a few an hour when I laid down in bed.  The only problem ... I do have to go to work.  Unless I am put on bedrest by a doctor I cannot just say ... "Sorry.  I have an extremely irritable uterus so I won't be into work today."  I'm just stuck in this vicious cycle and I am terrified of giving birth to these babies way too soon.  And add a horrible cold on top of all the braxton hicks.  Joy.  The good news ... I have an OB appointment tomorrow and I am letting it all hangout with the OB.  She needs to understand the amount of stress these braxton hicks contractions are giving me.  We shall see what happens.  I am also nervous because I always get the cough from hell when I get a cold and I need to find out preemptively what I can and cannot take for the cough.  I know I can take Robitussin DM but unfortunately that only ever scraps the surface with my coughs.  I plan to work only a half day at work today and then I also plan to work a half day tomorrow.  I hope some rest in the afternoon will help me out.

I did weigh myself like normal on Saturday morning and I am still up 12.2 lbs.  So there was no weight gain this week.  Interesting.

So for some good news ... I can feel the babies kick like crazy now.  And even better you can feel the babies kick from the outside of my belly.  It is truly the most amazing thing in the world.  The first time Kara felt the babies kick was awesome.  Her face was priceless.  We both started to laugh and scream and the dogs started barking from the kitchen.  It was funny.  I can feel Baby A kick much more often than Baby B. Baby A is up higher in my uterus.  Baby A just seems to have more room to stretch out.  So I feel his kicks quite a bit.  I tend to only feel Baby B when I am laying down in bed.  Though yesterday afternoon Baby B gave me a really swift kick to the side.  That's my boy!

We bought our first major baby related purchase last week.  We are now the proud owners of a 2012 Honda CR-V EX AWD.  Yikes!  It makes me so nervous and super excited at the same time to think that in  under 18 weeks we could have two car seats in the back of that car.  The car is really nice and has a lot of safety features that we appreciate for toting two little boys around town.  It will also be a great car for long trips.  It is also weird to suddenly be a two car household.  Kara and I shared a car for so long that it is going to take us some time to get acclimated to our new set-up.  We really are glad we were able to share a car for so long.  It cut back tremendously on expenses and allowed us to purchase this car without too much of a problem.  Now we just have to not crash it anytime soon ... !!!!

Okay.  I think that is all for now.  Please continue to send positive vibes in our direction.  We need to keep these boys in my belly for several more weeks.

Please keep growing little ones.

Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment