Monday, February 20, 2012

22w4d

How Far Along: 22w4d

Milestones:  The baby measures between 10.5 inches and 11.8 inches during the fifth month and weighs about 12.7 ounces to 20.8 ounces.  He has more developed eyes and lips and looks more and more like a newborn each day.  He is sleeping in cycles.  He sleeps about 12 to 14 hours a day.

Total Weight Gain: 16.2 lbs

Maternity Clothes:  No change here.  I am still in all maternity pants (except for sweatpants) and a mix of maternity shirts and non-maternity shirts.  Some of my sweatshirts no longer fit.

The belly shot for this week ...


Sleep:  My sleep is not too bad.  As long as the braxton hicks contractions don't wake me up I am only up out of bed a couple of times a night.  I have finally determined my "comfortable" sleeping positions so this helps a ton.  I still miss sleeping on my stomach.

Best Moment of the Week:  You can see the boys kicking from the outside!  It is the coolest thing in the entire world.  We discovered the outside movement at 22w3d.  I kept getting some really big kicks from Baby A and I thought that it might be possible to see them kick from the outside.  So I lifted up my shirt and watched in wonder as my belly moved up and down from Baby A.  Kara was absolutely amazed.  We stared at my belly like we were watching a television show.  All we needed was some popcorn.  I will have to restrain myself from lifting my shirt up in public whenever the boys get really active.  It is especially fun to watch when both boys are kicking at the same time.

We also purchased our cribs this weekend.  This was a super spontaneous trip to IKEA.  There are very few days that both Kara and I have off at the same time.  Plus I am getting much bigger and we knew that our time was getting limited where it would be possible for me to ride in the car for a few hours.  I really hope we are not jumping the gun!  The cribs looks amazing.  We were terrified that we would get all the way to IKEA and the cribs would be out of stock.  That would stink.  We checked the inventory online before we left and it appeared that we would be okay.  Of course when we got to IKEA we made a direct run for the cribs.  They had six cribs in stock!! Yippee!!!  We purchased the cribs and mattresses and then walked around the store of a bit.  Kara made a comment that she had not seen me walk so fast in weeks as we were looking for the cribs.  It's true.  I hightailed it to those cribs.  I added new pictures to the nursery page.

We took a Infant and Child CPR / First Aid class on Saturday.  My parents took the class with us too.  It was very informative and I think we all learned a lot.  It is nice to just have some knowledge in the back of our brains should anything horrible happen.  Of course we will hope that nothing bad happens.  The class was long at about six hours and I was exhausted by the end.  We took the class now because we knew it would be impossible for me to take it in a few weeks.  I have taken CPR and First Aid classes several times over the last 10 years but it is amazing how often the protocol changes in terms of CPR guidelines.

Sex: Boys!

Food Cravings:  No new cravings.  I had my worst eating day ever last week though.  Actually ... it was just my lunch that was horrible.  I was absolutely starving at lunch and so I thought it was  a good idea to consume ... 1 chicken sandwich, a side of pasta salad, a handful of Doritos, 4 hershey kisses, a cowtail, and 2 bowls of cereal.  Yep. I ate it all.  And that was just lunch.  And I will not hang my head in shame.  I promise to diet when the boys arrive!!!

Food Aversions:  None

Symptoms:  No new symptoms outside of the ones already discussed this week.  I have had some good days and I have had some bad days.  I really look forward to the good days and I try my best to get as much done as possible.  On the bad days I just do my best to rest as much as possible.  My back definitely hurts by the end of the evening.   I am also starting to get some minor swelling in my feet and legs by the end of each evening.  But both the backache and the swelling are always gone in the morning. I think both are just from the extra weight I am carrying around.

Upcoming Events:  We have an MFM appointment on February 21st and our elective u/s is scheduled for February 22nd.  We hope is it an uneventful but memorable week!

Please keep growing little ones (and stay in my belly).

Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment