Sunday, February 12, 2012

21w3d

How Far Along: 21w3d

Milestones: The baby is 10.5 inches long and weighs about 12.2 ounces.  He is big enough now that you have probably been feeling his movements.

Total Weight Gain: 15 lbs (I guess I gained some weight this week.)

Maternity Clothes:  Not much has changed in this area.  I am still in maternity pants.  I wear a mix of maternity shirts and non-maternity shirts.  I can still fit into my sweatshirts which make me very happy.  However, I did have to go through my t-shirt drawer this week and pull out most of my small t-shirts.  They have been put away until after the boys make their arrival.  Kara and I made a trip to the thrift store this week to get some large t-shirts.  I need them to sleep in and eventually I will need them to wear during the day!  I might be getting close to moving over to Kara's sweatshirts.

The belly shot for the week...



Sleep: My sleep is not too bad.  The cold this week made it very difficult but in terms of pregnancy related problems the only issues I have are the braxton hicks contractions in the middle of the night.  They tend to wake me up.  I am still using the same pillow arrangement and it seems to work for me.  My hips are sore in the morning but I think it is from laying on my side all night long.  I cannot wait to sleep on my belly again.

Best Moment of the Week: There were not too many good moments this week.  I think between the horrible cold and the braxton hicks contractions I was about ready to throw in the towel.  However, the best moment of the week ... I know that the boys are continuing to grow big and strong and that for the time being they are still hanging out inside of my belly.  Each morning I wake-up I am grateful for another day with them inside of me.  I also enjoy every kick I feel.  I feel like I am getting to know them.

Sex: Boys!

Food Cravings:  Okay ... I am addicted to hershey kisses.  It is bad at the moment.  And can probably be a bit of a factor in the weight gain.  Otherwise I am still digging orange juice.  I am also really enjoying muffins.  I love my muffin in the morning (especially blueberry and banana nut).

Food Aversions: None

Symptoms: We have already discussed the braxton hicks contractions in-depth so we will avoid that topic for now.  I thought I would mention some of the other changes I have noticed ... My belly has become a road map of blue veins.  It is crazy!  I know it is because of the increase blood flow through my body and I think I can see them more prominently on my belly because my skin is so light.  It is amazing.  I think it is freaking Kara out a bit.  I am also very close to having an "outie" belly button.  That is weird.  I would say within the next couple of weeks it will be completely out.

Upcoming Events: We have our MFM appointment on February 21st and then we have scheduled an elective 3d / 4d ultrasound on February 22nd.  We have several family members who will be joining us for that appointment and we are really excited to get a really good look at the boys.  We should be able to get some really good images of their faces.

Please keep growing little ones and please stay in my belly for a long time!

Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment