Saturday, October 15, 2011

over another hurdle

Only a bazillion more to go!  I have an hcg level of 990 at 16dpiui.  This gives us a doubling time of 39.35 hours.  I believe at this level the ideal doubling time is 48 hours so we seem to be right on track.  I have been a nervous wreck the last 48 hours.  I feel sorry for all the people that had to be around me.  The negative thoughts that have been running through my brain have been crazy.  I feel a bit more relaxed at the moment but I am sure it is only temporary.  We now have to wait for our first u/s at around 6 weeks.  That will be our next hurdle.  So we are essentially in another 2ww.  I sure am getting tired of all this waiting!

I actually got the lab results from my RE today.  I think the RE called instead of a nurse because it is a weekend.  But it took me a second to figure this out.  The phone call was funny ...

(my phone rings and I do not recognize the number)
Me: "Hello."
RE: "Mary?"
Me: "Yes."
RE: (speaking really fast and not telling me who she is) "I've got really good news.  Your levels came back at 990."
Me: (I simultaneously figured out that is it my RE on the phone and then realized I had no idea what she just said to me) "Is that good?  What was the number again?"

Another memory to document along this journey.

Speaking of memories ... Kara and I celebrated the good news with a trip to Jeni's (only the best ice cream place in town).

I really don't have any symptoms at the moment.  Though I don't really think I should be having any symptoms either. I still have some cramping on and off and I hope that the cramps are just our little one snuggling into his or her home for the next nine months and not our little one trying to find an exit.  And I definitely think I am a bit more tired at the end of the day.  And the pimples still exist.  I hope those don't last another nine months.  Actually who am I kidding ... they can last the next ten years if it brings us a healthy little one at the end of nine months.  So no complaints in the symptom department at the moment.

I just want to take a moment to express how truly blessed I feel at the moment.  Our journey has not been a short one.  However, it also has not been a long journey.  And for that I feel blessed.  I know we have a long road in front of us.  I know that we are no where out of the woods.  But today a big hurdle was crossed and for that I am truly thankful.  We will continue to cross our fingers and our toes and our eyes.

Please stick little one.

Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment