Thursday, October 13, 2011

headed in the right direction

I have an hcg level of 425 at 14dpiui.  And in the words of the nurse at the RE's office, "Your number is really, really, really good."  And I am thrilled beyond belief.  I am also terrified.  Our next test will be the follow-up b/w in two days.  We need to see a very good increase in the number.  I just want to get further than we got the last time.  Actually that's a lie ... I want to hold a baby in my arms in nine months.    

My symptoms - Not a whole lot at the moment.  My face has enough pimples on it to last a lifetime.  I have had cramping on and off for several days.  I hope it is our little one snuggling in for a long nine months.  I am a bit more tired than usual but that could also be how I am dealing with stress at the moment.  To be honest I feel as if I am about to start my period at any moment.  I keep doing the "toilet paper" check and outside of some very brief spotting this morning all has been okay.  The nurse at the RE's office thinks the progesterone might be causing some irritation which caused me to have some light spotting.  I am going to hope that this is the case.  Otherwise I don't feel pregnant at all.  But I guess one can't really feel all that pregnant at 4 weeks.

I just want to comment on how amazing the entire staff is at my RE's office.  I have gotten to know them all very well over the last ten months (that happens when you make 40+ office visits in a ten month period) and I do not think there is a better medical practice around.  Everyone I spoke to this morning was extremely excited about the + HPTs and the stellar b/w.  It gave me warm fuzzies.  They do an amazing job of talking me off the ledge when all I can see in front of me is negativity.  It will be hard to leave that office.  It will be a weird feeling.  I want nothing more than to leave that office in the dust but I will be sad to say "good-bye" to the staff.

Speaking of saying "good-bye" ... I graduated from acupuncture yesterday.  I have only been going for a few months but over those few months I have established a relationship with my acupuncturist.  She was thrilled beyond belief when I told her that I was pregnant yesterday.  The conversation went like this ...

My acupuncturist: "How are you feeling today?"
Me: "Pregnant."
My acupuncturist: "You know for sure?"
Me: "Yes.  Unless the thousand HPTs I have taken are all broken."
(insert squeals of delight and big hugs)

I got a big old hug.  It was probably the best reaction I have gotten to this point.  And I appreciated it.  I can continue acupuncture in my first trimester if I experience any severe morning sickness.  Otherwise my acupuncturist does not feel a need for me to continue with it at this point.  She also indicated that acupuncture can be great for post partum.  Let's hope that I don't go back for any other reason except the ones I mentioned.  Again ... please stick little one.

I don't think there is much else to report at this time.  I know some of you might be thinking, "Hey! That hcg level is really high for 14dpiui.  Dr. Google would say that it looks like you might have more than one baby in your belly." ... Kara and I are not thinking about this at the moment.  We are only hoping for one super healthy baby.  We want good numbers on Saturday.  We can only think about one thing at a time.  Plus we also know that plenty of women have really high hcg levels on 14dpiui and only have a singleton.  It can really go anyway.

Please stick little one.

Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment