Wednesday, April 13, 2011

i will take any good news

I had my cd 11 u/s today.  I have two mature follicles (one on each side) that measure at 22mm and 21mm.  I think my body responded appropriately to the clomid this time around.  I only took 25mg instead of 50mg.  I feel much better about having two follicles instead of four follicles.  I also took note of my endometrial lining this time around (it was 8mm) as it is known that taking clomid can decrease the thickness of the uterine lining.  I believe this is a decent number (at least according to Dr. Google).  I think, from reading different articles, that you should have a lining of between 8mm - 12mm.  This is considered "good".  If the lining of the uterus is too thin (or even too thick) then the embryo cannot implant properly.  So I'm not too worried about the "lower" number.  I really wish I would have looked at this number during cycle # 1.  So ... The nurse gave me my trigger shot at the office and I am scheduled to have the IUI tomorrow morning (this will be approximately 24 hours later).  The shot did not hurt this time.  This is a very good thing.  I could hardly walk the last time!  I was hobbling around like a little old lady.  I also made the nurse give me the shot in my other butt cheek this time.  I figured the butt cheek we used the last time (the right side) ended with poor results.  So this time around I gave the honors to the left butt cheek!  I will try anything!!  I am now just crossing my fingers for good timing (in relation to when I ovulate) and I am also crossing my fingers that CB*** brings his "A" game tomorrow morning!

Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment