Friday, May 27, 2016

growth u/s and BPP

 We had a growth u/s and BPP today.  The great news is that baby boy looks absolutely perfect and passed his BPP with flying colors.  That could also be because I ate a peanut butter and banana sandwich immediately before the appointment.  I had to give him a leg up on the competition!  And we found out he has some hair on his head!  It’s adorable.  The growth u/s also looked great overall.  Our big boy is still definitely a BIG boy weighing in at an estimated 5 lbs 13 oz (84th percentile).  I am 33w1d today.  Just to give a comparison, Jakob was measuring at an estimated 4 lbs 15 oz at our last u/s with the boys at 33w5d.  He was born at 5 lbs 3 oz a couple of days later.  My amniotic fluid levels are also still high.  The technical term is polyhdramnios.  The MFM still does not believe there is a reason for the high fluid level.  But my levels are measuring at 26 cm (95th percentile).  So we are now scheduled for weekly BPP appointments.  We go back, for another sneak peek of baby boy, on June 2nd.  There is an increased risk of stillbirth in cases of polyhdramnios.  So we just need to make sure baby boy remains happy and healthy in my belly.  I’m OK with that.  The u/s tech also said that baby boy was really low in my pelvis and probably now wedged too tight to flight again.  

Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment