Friday, June 10, 2016

bullet point updates

I am currently 35w1d pregnant!!

We had our final MFM appointment on June 8th.  My amniotic fluid levels are within the “normal” range at 19 cm.  Baby Boy #3 also passed the BPP with flying colors.  The u/s tech also did a quick growth u/s which estimated baby boy to be slightly over 7lbs at 35 weeks.  YIKES.  I take this with a grain of salt though because I believe the measurements are getting thrown off due to a very large head circumference.  Baby Boy #3 had a head circumference measurement of 40w1d at our 34w6d appointment.  I imagine this measurement to be fairly accurate considering Baby Boy #3 is about to be born into a family of large heads!!! But we finally got released from the MFM!!

I had my 35 week appointment with the OB on June 9th.  I got the GBS test done.  I was worried I would go into labor before I was able to get tested for GBS and I do NOT want to receive antibiotics again during labor.  So I was glad to have made it to this milestone.  And of course, because my pants were already off (snicker), the OB decided to do a cervical check.  My cervix is currently “very soft” and I am 2 cm dilated.  What does this mean?  Absolutely NOTHING.  I could walk around 2 cm dilated for the next 4 weeks or I could go into labor tomorrow.  It will be interesting to see what sort of progression I make over the next few weeks.

I am now seeing the OB on a weekly basis and I will start 2x a week NSTs beginning in week 36.

I got my TSH level and platelet level checked at my OB appointment.  I should get those results soon.

I get my final P17 injection on June 16th.

And we have a tentative eviction date for Baby Boy #3.  Do you remember that I mentioned the VERY big noggin?  That big noggin has promoted me to an induction around July 7th (or 39 weeks).  The OB (and me) are extremely concerned that waiting past 39 weeks is only going to increase my need for a c-section.  The OB is confident I can still have a vaginal birth but wants to get the ball rolling by the beginning of week 39.  It is very weird to know that Baby Boy #3 will probably be in our life very close to July 7th.  YIKES!!!

I am doing OK.  Our little boy is big.  And as such I have a lot of pelvic pressure and lower back pain.  I am struggling big time with pregnancy insomnia.  I tend to fall asleep from exhaustion by 10pm each night and then I am wide awake anytime between 2am and 4am.  It is making me drag a bit during the day.  I’m not too uncomfortable when I am asleep but I struggle with a lot of pain when I get out of bed.  I feel like Baby Boy is going to drop out of my pelvis and I often struggle to get my back straightened out.  The contractions are not too bad.  I get maybe 2 or 3 contractions an hour.  They still all feel like BH contractions.

Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment