Friday, June 24, 2016

37w1d

We made it to TERM!!  That alone deserves an entire post.  I reflect on the conversations Kara and I had in January 2016 when we both thought I was going to miscarry this pregnancy at 12+ weeks.  And then all the fears we had surrounding the possibility of another preterm birth.  My mind is blown and my heart is exploding with happiness.  I know there is always still many risks associated with pregnancy so I cannot completely relax.  But I am simply grateful for this accomplishment.  And we cannot wait to meet our little boy in less than 2 weeks.

So what is new ... NOT A LOT.   I had an OB appointment this week and I am 3cm dilated and the baby is launched and loaded for departure!!  But that can mean absolutely nothing.  I continue to have periods of contractions.  I had an episode of regular contractions this past weekend from about 10pm - 3:45am and then they just fizzled out.  But I believe those contractions might have been a result of Baby Boy dropping lower in my pelvis.  I have definitely lost my mucous plug too.  But that also means nothing.  So we just continue to wait, wait, wait ... He still has an eviction date at 39 weeks.  So we do have less than 2 weeks left in this pregnancy.   I continue to have NSTs and Baby Boy is doing wonderful at those appointments.

I am super uncomfortable all of the time.  I have periods of rather uncomfortable contractions.  I had a massive contraction during the NST yesterday (like off the charts) and the nurse was like, "Did you feel that?" .... Really?  Yep.  I felt that!  What do you think?  I still have heartburn like crazy.  My patience is very limited all the time.  Kara and I are just both simply on edge.  Just waiting to continue the next chapter of our lives and not sure exactly when that will happen.  And it unfortunately trickles down to the boys who have both been acting out like crazy.  I think we all need a break from one another.  I know that Kara needs a break.  I just wish I could give it to her.  But I cannot.  So we truck along.  We apologize to one another when things get rough and just take it day by day.  I am so grateful for my amazing little family.

So let's see what next week brings...

Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment