Wednesday, May 18, 2016

because boys

(I can thank my coworker for the blog title and what I anticipate my first book to be called)

This conversation took place last night.

The boys were in the bathtub and I hear from Alex "Mama.  Come here.  Now."

I walk into the bathroom and Alex is standing in the tub pointing to his test*icles "Mama.  What are these balloons?"

"Those are your test*icles."
Alex "What you say?" (this is his famous quote)
Mama "Those are your test*icles.  Do you remember what you need to make a baby?"
Jakob "A spe*rm and an egg." (I think, at this point, that I'm a parenting genius!)
Mama "That's right buddy.  A daddy has the spe*rm and a mommy has the egg.  So your test*icles are where your spe*rm live."
Alex "So I just need to find an egg?"
Mama - "Yep.  When you get older you would need to find an egg if you want to have a baby."
Alex "Jake - The birds laid eggs out in our tree.  We go get one of those."

Not exactly how I thought that conversation would end.

And the other winner of the night.

I am sitting at the kitchen table eating dinner and Jakob walks out of the bathroom completely nak*ed.

Mama "What are you doing Jake?  Did you have an accident?"
Jake "I need new clothes."
Mama "I see that.  Did you not make it to the potty in time?"
Jake "No.  I made it.  But my pen*is was stuck to my leg. So I missed."

What???

Mary

1 comment: