Sunday, March 18, 2012

26w3d

How Far Along: 26w3d

Milestones: Your baby opens his eyes for the first time.  He will open and shut his eyes as he gets used to his new ability.  Your little one is still on the small side.  His body may look fully formed on the outside, but inside there's fine-tuning taking place, including his lungs and his brain.  Your unborn baby still has some growing to do.

Total Weight Gain: 20.2 lbs

Maternity Clothes:  The weather has gotten a bit warmer this week. Yippee!!!  This means I have moved away from the sweatshirts and I am in maternity shirts all the time when I am out and about.  I still sleep and lounge in regular t-shirts at home.  I went back to the thrift store this weekend and got a few more large t-shirts so that I am comfortable.  I was down to four t-shirts that fit!  It is also flip-flop season.  Yippee!!  I no longer have to bend down and tie my shoes.  This means I don't look like a beached whale.  I was starting to think I was was going to fall down and hit my head when I was trying to tie my shoes.

The belly shot for this week ...


Sleep:  It's not bad at all.  I sleep a lot more on my right side.  I think this is because Baby A gets pushed down a bit when I am on my right side and then Baby B has room to stretch out.  This is really the only way I can feel Baby B.  Otherwise Baby B is my quiet child.  I think he is just super scrunched in the womb.  Otherwise I only wake-up to pee a couple of times a night.  I also wake-up to flip over.  But my sleep is definitely better now than it was several weeks ago.

Best Moment of the Week:  We got a copy of the "Baby Shower" (we aren't really calling it a Baby Shower as it is co-ed and more of a BBQ) invitations to put in the baby books.  It is exciting to think that the baby shower is coming up in only about a month.  I really hope I continue to do well because I am so excited to see the people I care about the most all in one location.  It will be amazing.  I even have a really good friend I have not seen for a couple of years coming from out of state to come to the shower.  Amazing.  I feel so blessed.  I am sure I will have a lot to share after the party.

I can feel a change in the movement from the boys.  I think things are getting a bit more cramped in the womb.  There is less jabbing and punching and more rolling and pushing.  My stomach can still look super crazy moment to moment when Baby A gets going.  It looks even better when both Baby A and Baby B are moving at the same time.

We continue to buy odds and ends for the boys.  I mostly purchase random items when there is a good sale.  But I love to keep bringing home stuff that we will need.  I love to organize!!!

Sex: Boys!!!

Food Cravings:  I eat all the time!  (notice a pattern)  My weight gain has slowed down a bit.  I'm trying not to let that worry me even though I sometimes fear the boys are not growing as they should be.  Typical!  Kara thinks the weight gain has slowed down because more of my calories are going to the boys.  I am doing much better at increasing my protein.  I'm back to craving milk!  I also crave chocolate like it is going out of style.

Food Aversions: Nope

Symptoms:  These have not really changed a whole lot.  I do notice some swelling in my feet at the end of a workday.  But it is minimal.  I also randomly have tingling in my arms and fingers which I think is totally normal.  Both of these are not really bothersome in the least bit though.  My back will hurt on occasion but I have been really lucky in that area too.  My biggest downfall still remains to be the braxton hicks contractions.  I still have really good days and really bad days.  I love my good days!!!  My belly button is definitely all the way out.  It also feels weird to touch my stomach.  I think the skin is pulled so tight that I'm losing some nerve sensation.  I scratch my belly and it feels super bizarre.  It is almost numb.

Upcoming Events:  We have our next growth u/s with the MFM on March 20th.  I am super excited and super nervous all at the same time.  Kara and I are also meeting with our lawyer on March 20th to start putting together all the necessary paperwork to protect our little family.  It saddens me that we have to take so many additional steps just to put in safe guards but it also makes me excited because this means the boys have a chance of surviving on the outside should they be born today.

Please keep growing little ones and stay in my belly for a long time!

Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment