Sunday, March 11, 2012

25w3d

How Far Along: 25w3d

Milestones: Your baby now measures about 13.5 inches and weighs about 1.5 lbs.  He is beginning to exchange his long, lean look for some baby fat.  As he does, his wrinkled skin will begin to smooth out and he will start to look more and more like a newborn.  He is also growing more hair.

Total Weight Gain: 19.8 lbs

Maternity Clothes:  I am starting to wear some of Kara's sweatshirts.  I think I can squeeze a few more weeks out of these sweatshirts and then hopefully it will be warm anyhow.  It is also getting difficult to fit into a lot of my t-shirts.  This could be a problem for lounging around at home.  I am in all maternity clothes for work.

The belly shot for this week ...


Sleep:  It is not too bad.  I really have the pillow situation down pat.  I just wake-up to flip over.  And of course whenever I flip over I get a braxton hicks contraction.

Best Moment of the Week:  We had an OB appointment.  It was fairly uneventful.  My blood pressure continues to remain fairly stable at 115/65.  It still amazes me that for the most part my blood pressure has been lower during pregnancy.  I got the glucola to drink before my next OB appointment in a month. I choose orange.  Both the nurse and the OB indicated that the fruit punch flavor was horrible.  So it is now chilling in the fridge waiting for me to consume it in a month.  We will move to biweekly appointments with our OB after our next appointment.

Can we say ... nesting??  I am a crazy woman.  I just want to organize, organize, organize.  I think I realize that in a few weeks I am going to be all but useless in terms of helping around the house.  I just love to go into the nursery and move things around.  I know I'm not accomplishing anything but I just love that room.  Kara and I end up sitting in the nursery almost every night.  It is the best room in the house.

We have our cloth diaper stash almost finished for the newborn stage!  I have ordered the last of the supplies and I also ordered the laundry detergent we want to use for the diapers and the baby clothes.  Next will be prepping the diapers.  Kara and I are both moving to our new work schedule on April 1st (a good thing and a bad thing) so I have already told Kara that she will probably get a honey-do list each day!  There will be a lot of laundry!  I can't wait to get the diapers all ready to go.  Once the diapers are all prepped I will be certain to take a picture of the stash!

I finally did it ... I gave away one of the names!  It happened during a meeting a work with two of my co-workers.  Thankfully these co-workers are actually my really good friends.  I was already suffering from horrible pregnancy brain (don't laugh it is real) so I was all frustrated because I seriously could not understand anything that was being discussed in the meeting.  Baby A started to hold aerobics class in my uterus and without even realizing it I said, " (name) is going crazy!"   I wasn't even all the way through the sentence before the room erupted in screams.  I'm surprised no one else came busting in the room to see what was wrong.  Of course my head immediately hit the table.  I felt horrible.  I had made it six months (actually longer because one name was picked out before I even got pregnant) without making a mistake with the names.  Oh well.  My coworkers were of course beside themselves with excitement.  Let's just hope I don't do it again.  And both coworkers have been sworn to secrecy.  I hope they can keep the secret.

Sex: Boys!

Food Cravings:  I eat all the time.  I was super surprised to have only gained a pound this week.  I really think the boys are taking more calories as they continue to grow.  I did much better with adding protein and calcium to my diet this week.  I did not do all that great of a job staying away from the candy.  Oh and my friend at work surprised me with a Shamrock shake from McDonald's this week. Yum!!!  No worries ... there are only like 600 calories in a Shamrock shake.  It was so delicious!  I am going to try to keep up with the protein this week.  I want some chunky baby boys come my next growth u/s on March 20th.

Food Aversions: None

Symptoms:  Same old.  I have good days and I have bad days.  I know as soon as I wake up in the morning what kind of day it is going to be in terms of back pain and braxton hicks contractions.  Today is a bad day.  I am constantly having braxton hicks contractions.  The severity of the contractions vary though.  There are some that tend to stop me in my tracks and others tend to only impact a portion of my stomach.  I try my best to ignore them but I still get super stressed out whenever I have a bad day.  Otherwise I don't have many new symptoms.

Upcoming Events:  We have our growth u/s with the MFM on March 20th and our next OB appointment is on April 3rd.

Please keep growing little ones and stay in my belly for a long time!

Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment