Sunday, March 4, 2012

24w3d

How Far Along: 24w3d

Milestones: Your 10.5 inch to 11.8 inch fetus weighs about 12.7 ounces to 20.8 ounces.  He is closer to being ready to survive (and thrive) in the outside world.

Total Weight Gain:  18.8 lbs.  I was up a total of 19.5 lbs at 23 weeks but seem to have lost a bit of weight this week.  No worries.  Kara and I went to dinner for her birthday last night and I think I gained all the weight back in only an hour.

Maternity Clothes:  I can still fit into a lot of non-maternity sweatshirts and t-shirts.  I can also still fit into my sweatpants.  So that is nice.  My underwear are starting to become an issue.  Hmm??

So I got brave this week and took a couple of bare belly shots.  And I am going to be even braver and share them with the world!



Please don't puke up your lunch!!

Sleep:  It's okay.  I just wake-up a lot.  I don't really wake-up because I have to pee.  I wake-up because my hips start hurting like crazy.  So I'm really up at least every two hours to flip over.  I am sure it will only get worse.  I also still wake-up sometimes when I get a braxton hicks contraction.

Best Moment of the Week:  We have a semi-finished nursery.  Please take a look at the nursery page!  This is exciting!  It is also super nerve-wrecking.

You can really see the boys kicking and punching from the outside of my belly.  This is my absolute favorite thing about being pregnant.  Baby A can really get going at times.  I really like when he does log-rolls in my belly.  You can just see a tidal wave cross across my belly.  Baby A has also taken a liking to using my bladder as a trampoline.  Not the best!  It is fun to watch when both boys are moving at the same time.  You can see both sides of my belly getting kicked and punched.  I imagine them kicking each other.  Too fun.

I also feel blessed to have just gotten through another week.  Each day counts now.

Sex: Boys!

Food Cravings:  I eat all the time.  I know I sound like a broken record.  But I really can pound back the food.  I need to get better at getting more protein.  I think I am getting too many carbohydrates.  I think simply because I crave the carbohydrates.  So my goal for this week is to be more mindful of increasing my protein intake.  My latest craving ... Tootsie Roll Pop.  Love!

Food Aversions:  None

Symptoms:  Oye!  The braxton hicks contractions.  They just simply wear me out.  I am getting a braxton hicks contraction at least every 5 or 10 minutes.  This means by the end of the day my muscles are extremely sore and I am mentally drained.  It is also getting difficult to sit at my desk all day.  My back really starts to ache by the end of the day.  I also notice a bit of swelling in my legs and feet by the end of the day.  I think this is just from sitting at my desk all day.  I had one other instance of some minor spotting but it did not last long and I really tried not to worry about it.  I also officially have an outie belly button.  My belly button has never been so clean!

Upcoming Events:  We have an OB appointment on March 6th.

Please keep growing little ones and stay in my belly!

Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment