Thursday, September 15, 2011

still waiting

There is not a whole lot to report at the moment.  I am STILL waiting to start my period.  All the symptoms I was having last week have magically disappeared and there is no indication that my period is going to start any time soon.  I'm starting to think that I might actually be giving the RE a call at the end of next week.  I did not think I would have to make that call.  They typically say to treat the day of your m/c as cd 1.  Taking that into consideration today would be cd 35.  So I guess I will just keep waiting.  I have a feeling that if my period actually does show-up without any intervention it is going to do so without any warning.

In other news, I think I have made some decisions in regards to my current situation with my twin brother.  I had a really great conversation with my Dad yesterday and I think I am finally at peace with what needs to be done.  Kara and I are going to go the ignore route.  This is hard because I feel as if I am throwing in the towel.  But at the same time it has been proven that conversation does not seem to work with my brother.  This means that Kara and I will not be in the same room with my brother at any given time.  This could be difficult in terms of family gatherings.  But to be honest there are very few family gatherings that my brother actually attends anyhow.  We have also decided I am going to ignore any phone calls that I receive from my brother looking for our assistance with anything.  I believe that if the feelings my brother has towards me at this moment are not truly his own feelings, then eventually he is going to realize that his sister has disappeared (along with some other family members).  Perhaps that will sadden him and cause him to express his concerns to his wife.  If the feelings my brother has towards me at this moment are his own feelings, then I will have to get used to life without my twin brother.  It is time for me to consider my family.  And because of the past disrespect shown to us by my brother my current definition of family does not include him.  I will hope with every ounce of my being that my definition of family changes again someday.

Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment