Wednesday, September 7, 2011

okay. i believe.

I am now an official believer in acupuncture.  I had my weekly appointment today.  I always get a lower backache a few days before my period is going to start.  I mentioned a couple of days ago in my blog that I have had a never ending backache for several days.  Of course I immediately mentioned it when I got to acupuncture this morning.  My acupuncturist casually replied, "Interesting.  Okay.  We will fix that." and went on with reviewing the other events of the past week.  I typically only have needle work done on my front side but today we started with needle work on my back side because of the lower backache.  I could definitely feel a difference in the sensation with the needles that she placed on the left side of my back.  This is the side of my backache.  I did my normal rest and relaxation and then the acupuncturist came back to remove the needles.  We then continued with the needle work on my front side (Hello? Period?  Are you out there?  It's me, Mary. You can come back anytime now.).  When I was checking out after my appointment the acupuncturist asked if I noticed a difference in my back.  And I did.  It actually felt slightly better.  Well slap me upside the head because within 30 minutes of leaving that appointment my backache was completely gone.  I am flabbergasted.  And now officially a believer in the power of acupuncture!

Mary  

No comments:

Post a Comment