Wednesday, September 28, 2011

and we are off

I'm going to keep this short because I am in a terrible, horrible, no good, very bad mood.  It is all school related.

I had my mid-cycle u/s today on cd11.  I have a 20mm and a 19mm follicle this time.  They are both on the same side but I forgot to look to see if it was my left side or my right side.  Not important.  Interesting Note: I had a 20mm and a 19mm on our last cycle too.  I got my trigger shot today and I am scheduled for the IUI tomorrow morning.  I will start on the progesterone a couple of days after the IUI.  This is different from previous IUIs.  I believe the RE wants me on the progesterone to try and minimize any risk of a m/c due to low progesterone levels.  I am so not looking forward to taking the progesterone.  I'm sure you can all guess the first reason I am not looking forward to the progesterone (if you need a hint ... they are not pills and they involve my lady parts).  I am also not looking forward to the progesterone because it will delay the arrival of my period should this IUI be a big failure.  So that means I will stay on the progesterone until I take a pregnancy test two weeks after the IUI.  I will however do whatever it takes to ensure a successful pregnancy.  So bring it on!!!  I am trying my best to stay calm and relaxed but unfortunately outside forces are making that difficult.  So to help matters I am actually going to take the entire day off of work tomorrow.  Unfortunately, I think most of the day will be devoted to homework.  Anyhow ... cross your fingers and your eyes and your ears and your nose for good things to happen.  I am trying to kick all negativity to the ground.

Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment