Sunday, July 3, 2011

"they should give out frequent buyer cards"

Those were the words out of Kara's mouth as we waited to get called back for IUI #4 this morning.  I could not agree more.  We think a buy 6 IUIs and get the 7th IUI for free sounds like a great plan.  This conversation made me laugh.  We have gotten to that point.  Grrr.

The IUI went just fine.  The office was super quiet this morning.  I guess because it is a holiday weekend.  We even beat our RE to the office.  It was also sad because when I went to sign-in this morning I signed-in right below my name from yesterday's appointment.  Yep.  I was the last patient on Saturday morning and the first patient on Sunday morning.  I also discovered reason # 99 that I love my RE.  She wore flip-flops with her scrubs this morning!  She rocks in my book.  I mentioned it as soon as she walked into the room and she said she was afraid some patients would be upset.  I thought it was great!!  So onto the IUI ... Captain America was a bit disappointing this morning.  We had a total motile sperm count of 15.5 million.  These numbers are still good for a frozen sample but they happen to be the lowest numbers we have had up to this point.  That was a bit of a bummer.  Otherwise the IUI went according to plan.  No issues.  Though near the end of the IUI the RE went "Whoops" and then I heard a laugh from Kara.  Of course I cannot see a thing from my end and when you are messing with both an expensive vial of sperm and my lady parts I do not want to hear those words come out of your mouth.  I was like, "Huh? What happened?" The RE started laughing and said those were probably not the best choice of words.  It was funny.  She had actually just dropped the catheter on the floor but she was done with it anyhow.  Just another funny moment along this grand adventure.

Now we wait.

UPDATE:  I had an "oh s#&$" moment on Sunday evening.  I suddenly realized that we NEVER confirmed that we were receiving the right DS before our RE proceeded with the IUI.  Usually I am required to verify that the vial has both my SS # and the ID of our donor on it.  Yep.  We did not do that this time around.  What happens if I get pregnant and deliver a baby that looks nothing like our donor?!?  We could have a problem!!!  I can just see it now.  I'm sure all is okay.  I also think we were the only IUI that morning so I do not believe there could have been a mix-up.  But it still made me a bit nervous.  I mean Captain America's numbers were much lower this time around.  Coincidence?  I hope so!!  I just read too many news stories.

Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment