Monday, April 25, 2016

tap tap tap

I’m still here.  I’m still pregnant.

I’m not even certain the last update I provided on this blog.  I am officially 28w4d pregnant with Baby #3 and officially I am entering the uncomfortable phase of the pregnancy.  I typically feel fairly decent when I wake-up each day but because my job requires me to sit at my desk all day I really get uncomfortable around Noon each day.  It makes the afternoon extremely long.  I get a very bad backache.  It is mostly in my upper back and in the middle of my back.  I am also starting to deal with BH contractions on a fairly regular basis.  They seem to increase in intensity depending on the day of the week.  This is either due to the P17 shot wearing off each week by Thursday or simply because by the end of the week I have been sitting still for a long time.  I feel best on the weekends when I am up and moving around a lot.  But then again, I receive my P17 shot every Thursday, so perhaps I feel good on the weekend because the shot has had time to kick-in.  So WHO KNOWS???  The BH contractions do not worry me all that much.  They more just annoy me.  I feel comfortable in identifying whether or not the contractions become problematic.  I guess because this is not my first rodeo!  Other than the BH contractions my only other symptom is heartburn.  But typically the heartburn can be reduced just by popping the TUMS.

I did my one hour glucose test today.  Yuck!  I explained to Kara that the taste equivalent is “letting 50 orange popsicles melt into 11 oz of thick liquid” and then forcing yourself to drink it all in less than 5 minutes.   I managed to finish with 60 seconds to spare!  But it was a struggle this time around.  I think because my glucose test was early in the morning and so I found myself chugging this drink at 7:50am.  My eyes were watering like crazy and I found myself holding back the vomit on several occasions.  But I made it!!!  Now I wait to find out if I passed.  PLEASE LORD!!!  I should find out the results in the next few days.

The remainder of the OB appointment was extremely uneventful.  I always find myself wanting to rush into the OB office and run out as fast as possible before they find something wrong!  It’s kind of hilarious.  The OB has declared during my last several appointments that I’ve become “the world’s easiest patient” and I just want to be like “YOU HUSH YOUR MOUTH!”  But I just remain grateful for each day I wake-up and Baby Boy #3 is still snug in my belly.  And speaking of … This little rascal has been breech this entire pregnancy.  I’m going to need little boy to get his rear in gear and start changing positions.  I really am OK with whatever way little boy makes an exit as I literally have no birth plan except for doing all I can to make sure I deliver a full term infant.  But I will add that my heart breaks a bit each time I hear “still breech” in conversations with my doctors.  We go for our last (hopefully) appointment with the MFM on April 28th and we will see for certain if little boy is still breech.  But the OB indicated today that his head was up near my ribs.  Time to head south little one.  I can draw you a map.

We are officially ready for little boy.  (that is reason #144 that you can tell we are the parents of NICU graduates)  The hospital bags are packed.  The nursery is done.  All the clothes are washed and put away.  All the diapers are washed and put away.   I even have the breast pump parts all clean and ready to be used at anytime (with hope that the breast pump is only used upon my return to work and not because I have a kid in the NICU).  The glider has arrived and been put in our bedroom.  We have the rock-n-play set-up in our bedroom.  The car seat is in the car.  We have gifts purchased for the new big brothers and those are wrapped and hidden in my car.  I have registered at the hospital.  We have all the phone #s in our cell phones.  I have my replacement completely trained at work.  Yep.  We are set.  Now we just want baby boy to stay inside for another 8 weeks (or more).  But we figured if we got all prepared then we wouldn’t have a problem!

I am officially getting TIRED of people asking me when I am due.  I get asked ALL THE TIME.  And then they are flabbergasted when I respond with … July 14th.

We officially have 3 pregnant ladies in my office now … 12 weeks, 28 weeks, and 37 weeks.   And the office only has 40 females so it’s actually a very high percentage.  So that has been fun.  We find ourselves chatting often and complaining about other people.  It’s nice to have a little pregnant posse at work.

The boys continue to be super sweet to their baby brother.  They “talk” to him often (and by talk I mean scream at my belly) and they give my belly a kiss every night before bed.  I think they understand that we are getting closer to baby brother’s arrival.  We have talked a lot about how baby brother will be born.  They understand that I will go to the hospital and a doctor will help bring baby brother into the world.  They both know that Grandma and Grandpa will stay with them at home until little brother arrives and that Grandma and Grandpa will bring them to the hospital to meet their brother.  We have also driven by the hospital so they could see it.  I know there will be a transition period but I am really optimistic that they will both do great.

I am on week 14 of the P17 shots.  I’m actually starting to get some track marks on my butt from the shots!!!  I have only been getting them on my right side because for some reason my left side hurts a ton.  And as the nurse mentioned last week … You look like a drug user.  I really believe the injections are helping to reduce my BH contractions.  I am usually very uncomfortable and in some pain at the end of the injection period each week.  My final shot will come at week 36.  So this makes me believe that little boy will arrive at some point during week 37.  It’s just my guess at the moment.  I am forever grateful for my OB approving the use of the shots.  They have been expensive (we have a high deductible insurance plan) but I will gladly shell out the cash each week if it gives me a better chance of getting to full term.  And as I mentioned we have our final cervical length check with the MFM on April 28th.  We should then officially no longer be at risk of preterm labor.   So cross your fingers.  I still get nervous.

That’s all for now.

Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment