Tuesday, July 16, 2013

hodgepodge

* "Bye-Bye" - Jakob's 1st words!  Kara was leaving for work this past Saturday morning and as she went around the corner to walk out the front door Jakob turned around and waved and said, "Bye-Bye."  It was clear as day.  Kara came darting around the corner with, "Did he just say what I think he said?"  I will remember it always!

* We have all been sick the last week.  We can thank Mr. Alex for spreading the love around the household.  We all had variations of fever, headache, muscle aches, and sore throats.  I even went to the Minute Clinic over the weekend because I wanted to rule out strep throat.  We all seem to be on the mend now.  The boys did fairly decent for their inaugural illnesses.  There was a lot of whining and need for cuddles but otherwise the boys soldiered through the germs.    
* Did I mention we managed to make it to 14 months old before the boys even had so much as a sniffle?  Not too bad for 34 week preemies!

* We took a trip to Kentucky over the 4th of July weekend.  We had a blast celebrating the 1st Birthday of Miss. Nola but please remind me the next time we travel how much Alex does not like to sleep anywhere other than the nursery.  We have been so rigid with keeping the boys on a schedule that any variation from that schedule is a bit of a disaster.  Alex would not sleep in the pack-n-play.  And in fact Alex would not sleep at all unless I was holding him.  We had actually finally gotten Alex to fall asleep around Midnight so I made an attempt to sneak out of bed to go get "ready for bed" (I had not even peed since we stepped in the hotel room).  Alex was snuggled up against me in the middle of the bed so Kara just slipped her arm around Alex to "replace me" and I literally moved over 2 inches to start to get out of bed.  Yep.  The screaming immediately started again.  So at midnight Alex was in the bathroom with me!  I even had to hold him while I was peeing or he would start to scream bloody murder.  He slept the rest of the night snuggled up against me.  So I guess technically it wasn't all that bad.  And if you were wondering Jakob slept through the entire thing.  The boy can sleep anywhere and at anytime.     

* I have had a lot on my mind the last several weeks.  I think I need an outlet to get out those thoughts but unfortunately I don't think this is the venue.  Urghh.  And then each time I sit down to write I just stare at the screen.  So there is that too.  

We are busy these days.  But it is a good busy.  The boys are utterly amazing little men (who drive us crazy a lot of the time) and we cannot get over how blessed we are to be their Mommy and Mama.  I wish I could devote more time to this blog.  I try.  I promise.  I just wish I did a better job.  But for now I will settle with the few random entries I get posted from time to time. 

Mary

2 comments:

  1. Don't be so hard on yourself, this blog should be for you, you just have some adoring people following along when you have time! So cute to have first words be bye-bye, I'm sure Kara was delighted!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i smiled at the thought of you both hearing your son say "bye-bye!" ahhh, steve and i talk about what it will be like when piper talks. ahhh, i want to keep her little but at the same time, can't wait for those moments. i agree with the comment above :) don't beat yourself up...blog whenever feels right. i love your sweet family. <3

    ReplyDelete