Friday, May 31, 2013

i've got your back

Alex had a tough time with the transition to whole milk.  So much so that we are giving his belly a bit of a break and we have switched him back to formula.  I think when the time is right we will do the transition to whole milk at a much slower pace and then if Alex still seems to have problems we will talk to the pediatrician about some alternatives.  Anyhow I am sharing this information with you as a precursor to the magical moments I got to experience this week.  A reminder of how truly blessed I am to have two precious little boys in mylife.  So Alex had a tough time after any bottle of whole milk we gave to him.  A bottle often led to a dozy of a tummy ache for Alex.  We would often find Alex on the floor crying because his tummy hurt.  And sometimes he would get more upset if we tried to pick him up.  So I spent a lot of the time the last week just rubbing Alex's back and trying to reassure him to the best of my ability.  Well our gentle soul Mr. Jakob must have watched me do this the first couple of times that Alex would get upset.  And I guess he took some notes because one evening after a bottle I heard Alex crying in the playroom.  I was in the kitchen cleaning-up dishes from dinner.  I put my stuff down and headed to the playroom to take care of Alex.  But as I rounded the corner I saw Jakob crawling over to Alex who was laying on the floor.  And then I watched in amazement as Jakob reached Alex and reached over and started to pat him on the back.  There was even a moment where he was patting him on the head.  Yep.  I lost it.  It was such a magical moment between brothers.  I hope they always there for each other.  

4 comments:

  1. This made me get teary-eyed. Such a sweet boy, Jakob is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, so sweet little Jakob! Punky had a terrible time with Whole Milk - we had to switch her to 2% milk and she does just fine on that. Our pediatrician did recommend either Whole Milk or 2% - so maybe see about that option. Punky sure loves her milk, I'm sure Alex will too when his tummy is better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. :) this made me smile! thank you. <3

    ReplyDelete