Saturday, November 3, 2012

they didn't spontaneously combust

I gave the boys formula last night.  And there was no spontaneous combustion.  Now granted each boy only got an ounce of formula.  But still.  It was hard.  But it has to happen.  I just cannot keep up with the demand.  We can go through 70 oz of breast milk a day.  Thanks Jakob!  And on a really good day I can only pump 62 oz.  Needless to say that is not going to cover our needs.  Our freezer supply is slowly being depleted and so it was time to rip off the band-aid.  The boys definitely noticed the change in taste.  We got a couple of funny faces.  But because I gave the formula to the boys before the breast milk it seemed to be no problem.  We shall see what happens today.  I have also suddenly got this irrational fear that something is going to happen to me and the boys will be forced to suddenly drink a lot of formula.  And that worries me.  So again it was time.  The boys will still get a bulk of their milk from breast milk.  So there is that at least.  My fears are SO irrational.  Before I was pregnant I had zero expectation of providing them with breast milk.  I thought for sure they would both be formula fed.  But then this amazing thing happened.  I was able to meet all their nutritional needs.  My body actually did something right!  And then I just got plain stinking competitive.  What can I say?  I'm a Heitzman.  We are a competitive group by nature!!!  But last night I threw in the towel.  I realized that my stubbornness is a bit ridiculous.  What is important is meeting the needs of my boys.  My very, very hungry boys!!!

And now a picture for Grandpa Park ...

 
And not to be outdone by Mr. Jakob.  Here is Alex ... SMILING!!


I will be back in the next few days for a proper post.  The boys are changing so much!  It needs to be documented.

Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment