Tuesday, November 6, 2012

election day

Today was election day.  And being a lifelong resident of Ohio I have grown-up to know the importance of our state.  We have been looking forward to taking the boys to vote for the first time.  We got to our polling location at 11:00 am and finally walked out the door at 12:15 pm and 12:35 pm.  I got to stand in a shorter line because of my last name.  The boys were wonderful!!  They loved watching all the people.  But my arm was about to fall off from holding Alex for over an hour.  Of course Alex wanted nothing to do with being in the carrier so that meant I got to hold him.  It was amazing to vote with my boys today.  I know they won't remember this day.  But I want to be able to tell them about it some day.  We are so blessed to live in a country where everyone has the right to vote.  I hope as they grow up they remember to "Be the change you want to see in the world."


Mary

1 comment: