Monday, October 22, 2012

my fear

I have a fear.  It haunts me quite a bit.  My fear - It's that this won't always be true ...


I still don't understand where things went wrong.  And most days I can sweep the thoughts from my mind.  But other days something reminds me of what should be.  There is not a day that goes by that I don't look at Jakob and Alex and silently beg them to always be there for each other.  I know I can't control the extent of their relationship in the future.  I know as a parent I have to let go of control over so many different things.  I've watched my parents let go of so much.  I guess I can only pray that they understand the power of their bond.  And hope that their love for one another is unconditional.  I have added this prayer to my list.  Another prayer on my list ... That one day my twin brother will reach over and grab my hand once again.

Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment