Friday, June 3, 2011

never make plans

I had my mid-cycle u/s today (cd 11).  I am always ready on cd 11.  Not so much today.  And of course Kara and I had made plans to go away this weekend.  We had these grand ideas that we would have the IUI on Saturday morning and then we would escape into the warmth of the sun for the weekend.  I have two follicles at 19mm and 16mm.  The RE thinks that they will both continue to grow and I should be ready for an IUI on Sunday morning.  My lining was once again at 8mm.  Kara and I decided to still go away this weekend.  We already had reservations to board the dogs so we are going to make due with a bit of inconvenience.  I will do the trigger shot tomorrow morning.  Well actually I am going to make Kara do the trigger shot!  I'm actually not all that nervous to do the shot myself.  I think I was actually too calm because the RE kept making sure I understood what I had to do. This doesn't mean that I won't be nervous when the time comes.  But I listened closely to the nurse and I think I have the process down.  We plan to still travel to our intended destination on Saturday morning.  We will then travel back to town for the IUI on Sunday morning.  We will only be two hours away so we are just going to think of the trip back to town as a mini side-vacation.  We plan to go back and finish our mini-vacation after the IUI.  I am really excited because Kara will actually be able to go to the IUI with me.  This is a first.  And I am trying to take it as a positive sign.  My really good friend also gave me her lucky socks and necklace to wear to the IUI.  She wore the socks during her fourth attempt at IVF and that IVF resulted in her current pregnancy.  So hopefully the luck will rub off on me.  I am optimistic and really looking forward to a relaxing weekend. 

Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment