Wednesday, June 22, 2011

cycle # 6

I had an interesting visit with the RE today.  I made the decision to try to cycle again this month.  I was scheduled for my baseline u/s today.  And I am thrilled to report that I have NO cysts!  Yep.  My body finally did something right.  And to say it was totally unexpected news is an understatement.  I actually made the RE repeat himself.  I know I got this big ass smile on my face.  And to get a smile on my face while some strange man is rummaging around my nether regions with a big ass probe is quite an achievement.  And it was also decided that we would go all out this month too.  That means I am upping the clomid dosage to 50mg this month.  It is time to bring back the big boys!  I go back next week to see how things have developed.  I am hoping for the best but also bracing for not so good news.  I know that because I am upping the clomid dosage this month there is a slight possibility that I will be overstimulated this month.  And I am okay if that does in fact happen.  I just think Captain America needs more than two targets to focus on.  His soldiers apparently have really bad aim!

Kara and I are also scheduled to have a consult with my RE next week.  We want to get a game plan together should this cycle not be successful.  The plan from the beginning was to only try four cycles following this protocol before reevaluating our game plan.  I want to get a plan of action together this month so that we are not forced to sit out another month simply to develop a plan.  If we get a plan of action together now, then we can jump right into it should this cycle not work out.  I will be honest.  My expectations are really low this month.  However, I am still really glad that I at least get to try this month.  I am just glad to finally get some good news.  It does wonders for my mood.

Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment