Monday, February 21, 2011

that was romantic

I have been inseminated! 

I was doing the post insemination "try not to fall asleep while laying flat on your back for ten minutes" and I couldn't help but imagine my uterus going, "What the hell is this? Who invited them?  This is a sperm free zone!"  It is a most bizarre feeling.

The procedure itself was super fast.  It was so fast that I wasn't even completely naked before the RE busted into the room.  I think she was more embarrassed.  I am use to people seeing me naked at this point.  I mean heck she was going to get all up close in personal in a few minutes anyhow. The procedure itself was rather painless minus the speculum from hell (again).  Though I have never seen a speculum with a light attached.  That was nifty!  I always get humored when a new doctor goes searching for my cervix.  They can never find it!  It is amusing but in a painful and definitely not fun sort of way.  The procedure went as follows ... I confirmed the specimen.  I basically just confirmed that the test tube had my SS # and the donor # that I had ordered from the sperm bank.  Then the RE took the sample out of the test tube with a syringe.  Can I just comment that I was amazed at how small the sample actually is?  The RE said that we had a sperm count of 48 million post thaw with 67% motility post thaw.  I think this is really good for a frozen sample.  The RE then connects this super long catheter to the syringe that is used to bypass my cervix and place the DS directly into my uterus.  It took all of 30 seconds.  I then spent the next ten minutes laying down and willing my little soldiers to start swimming for the fallopian tubes.  Go! Go! Go!

I will now spend the next two weeks overanalyzing every feeling and praying that my period does not show-up.  In the meantime, I am going to spend the rest of the day cheering on the boys swimming around in my fallopian tubes!      

Say a little prayer!

Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment