Wednesday, January 13, 2016

and we dance on

The baby is OK.  But our nightmare continued this past weekend.  It was a very long weekend.  I still had episodes of bleeding Friday, Saturday, Sunday, and Monday.  I also had period like cramps the entire weekend.  I allowed myself some time to emotionally deal with the situation on Saturday afternoon and it allowed me to get through the remainder of the weekend more at peace with all that was going on.  I experienced the most significant bleed about 1am on Monday morning.  And it actually happened while I was asleep.  And the strange part was I woke-up and immediately realized I was not experiencing any cramps.  We had our regular OB appointment scheduled for Tuesday but I still gave the OB a call first thing Monday morning to let them know about the weekend.  To my surprise they wanted me to come in right away for an u/s.  So off Kara and I went for another scan.  Our precious little baby popped right up on the screen and was moving around like crazy.  Insert huge sigh of relief.  The baby was measuring 13w6d and had a heartbeat of 153 bpm.  Perfect.  The area of concern that the u/s tech saw on the u/s the previous week was completely gone.  The OB believes this is the bleeding I experienced over the weekend.  The OB also did a quick exam and saw nothing of concern in terms of dilation or a different source of bleeding.  So we were sent off to wait it out again.  I am not over 48 hours since the last bleed.  I have also not experienced any additional cramping.  So we continue to take it day by day and pray that perhaps the blood clot is completely gone.

We still had our OB appointment the following day.  It was with the NP for just my annual physical.  All looked good.  And the best news ... I have not gained any weight in 4 weeks!  Because at my previous rate I was going to become a whale.  The baby had a heartbeat of 150 bpm and we heard it right away on the doppler.  My blood pressure was also back to normal at 114/68.  Perfect.

The OB and high risk doctor decided it was in our best interest to do the P17 (progesterone) injections.  So a referral was sent off.  We will see if my insurance company actually covers the shots.  I might not get approved for them.  The injections would be weekly and typically start around week 16 and continue until week 36.  I will let you know when I learn more.

We also had blood drawn for the MaterniT21 test (fee cell dna).  This blood test will test for fetal chromosomal abnormalities such as Trisomy 13, Trisomy 18, and Trisomy 21.  It can also provide sex information.  We should get the results in about 8-10 business days.

My nausea is much better.  I only experience it at night.  It typically begins about 4 pm.  I tend to go to bed early each night.  But will wake-up at least one time in the night with about a 2 hour period of insomnia.  I have an occasional headache but the headaches have not kicked up like they did in my twin pregnancy.  I burp all the time.  I have a bit of a baby bump.  I'm definitely in maternity pants much earlier this time!  But I'll rock them with pride.  I pee a lot.  My cravings have gone away for the most part.  Though I'm not digging sweets at the moment.  I love meat.  And milk.

That is about all for now.

Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment