Tuesday, December 15, 2015

9w1d

We had our final appointment with the RE on December 11th at 9w1d.  Here is a picture of little spot measuring 9w1d and with a heartbeat of 180 bpm.


We graduated.  It's still so surreal to wrap my head around the speed of which things are happening this time around.  I honestly, because we got pregnant so fast, am still trying to get my brain to understand I am pregnant.  Let's look at some #'s from our time at the RE.

I went to 36 appointments over a span of 10 months to get pregnant with Jakob and Alex.
I went to 15 appointments over a span of 3.5 months to get pregnant with Baby #3.

So we of course graduated, for what we hope is the final time, from the RE with many mixed emotions.  The place literally feels like home.  But at the same time I NEVER want to go back.  We are so grateful for all that both our doctors did to help us get our family.  They work magic in that facility.  And not only do the folks create life, when otherwise it might not be possible, but they guide so many families along on what is an emotional journey.  And they do it with grace and often times with unselfishness.  

We also had another discussion with our RE and the reality of the situation is that I should never have successfully gotten pregnant with a natural IUI and on attempt #1.  So we are forever grateful to the luck we got this time around.  And we continue to prayer that little blob grows big and strong.  We are also glad that we decided to try for Baby #3 this year.  It appears my body will be done with it's baby making ability sooner rather than later.  

The boys gave the baby a nickname of "Scout" this week.  We like it.  They are very aware of the fact that a baby is growing in my belly.  They are constantly asking to give kisses and hugs to the baby.  It melts my heart.  Last night Jakob told me "Mama.  I think if I go to sleep tonight.  And I sleep good.  The baby will be here when I wake-up." And when I responded with the fact that baby won't make an arrival until summer Jakob responded with "Then I just sleep until summer."  I love them.

So how am I feeling?  Not the best.  The nausea is fairly constant.  It gets a bit worse at night.  My appetite has slowed down a bit.  But still eating is the only thing that gets rid of the nausea.  I'm are tired all the time but I struggle a lot with insomnia.  I tend to be ready to sleep right as my alarm clock goes off.  I'm also getting a bit of a belly.  It's all bloat at the moment.  I do think it is growing at a rapid speed though because of my previous twin pregnancy.  I took a picture last night just to humor myself.  Remember it's nighttime ... I had a lot of food in that belly!!!  The belly does not look this big in the AM.  

But here I am at almost 10 weeks.



We have our first OB appointment tomorrow.  

Mary  

No comments:

Post a Comment