Tuesday, January 13, 2015

wake-up sun

I heard “Help. Help. Help. Help. Help. Help.” (in the sweetest and tiniest voice ever) over the monitor last night about 40 minutes after I put the boys to bed.  I seriously thought both boys were already fast asleep.  I went into the bedroom to find Alex awake and lifting his truck out of the crib (yes our boys sleep with trucks and trains instead of stuffed animals) …

Alex: “I broke it.” (he took the ladder off)
Me: “Ok.  We can fix it but then you need to go night, night.”
Alex: “Ok Mama.”
Me: (suddenly smelling a poopy diaper as I fixed the blankets) “You got a poopy diaper?”
Alex: “No. No. No. No. No. Ok.  Me do.”
Me: “Well let’s go to the bathroom and get your diaper changed so you can go night, night.”
Alex: “Ok Mama.  New toy?”
Me: “How about we just grab your train when we get done?”
Alex: “Me not tired.  Me play now.  Just with Mama.”
Me: “No buddy.  You have to get a good night sleep.  You have school tomorrow.  You don’t want to be tired when you play with your friends.”
Alex: “My friends.  I got play with Grace.  And Jackson.  And Mason.  And Dallas.  And Miss. Stacey.  I got go school NOW Mama.”
Me: “We can’t go to school until the sun wakes up.”
Alex: “WAKE UP SUN!”

Of course Alex proceeded to fall asleep about three minutes after he went back to bed.

I feel like these are the moments I need to start to write down.  The conversations I want to remember when my little boys are all grown and want nothing to do with me!!  I love these moments.

Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment