Monday, January 12, 2015

recent conversations

The conversation on the couch this morning.

Jake: “Hi Alex.”
Alex: “Hi.  We watching Wild Kratts.”
Jake: “Yep.”

And last night Jakob would not fall asleep but he was laying in his crib for upwards of 60 minutes “reading” The Hungry Caterpillar to his little teddy bear.

Jakob: “This is a library book.  This is not.  He eat one apple and two pears…” (repeated over and over and over again)

We went to a birthday party for a friend last night and this was the conversation I had with Alex when I was trying to convince him to get ready to go.

Me: “Do you want to go have dinner with Elias?”
Alex: “No.”
Me: “You can get fried rice.  You love fried rice.”
Alex: “No.  Me stay home.”
Me: “There will be cupcakes.”
Alex: “I ready to go now.”

And finally thanks to Grandpa Mr. Jakob loves to sing at the top of his lungs, “Animal crackers in my soup. The more I eat the more I poop.”  It’s especially great when he sings it in the grocery store.

Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment