Thursday, July 31, 2014

the owl

We have an owl that hangs on our front door.  It’s made out of fabric.  Yesterday Alex decided to reach up and pull on the owl’s leg.  Off it came.  I was walking in the door from work and I said, “Oh no!  The owl has a boo-boo.  We need the stapler.”  And that was the end of the conversation.  I grabbed the owl’s leg and took it into the kitchen.  I’d deal with it later.  About a minute later, as Kara and I are catching up in the kitchen, we see Jakob walk by with his Fisher Price medical kit.  I look at Kara and I say, “Where is he going?” and she responds, “No idea.  Wait?  Is he going to take care of the owl?”  And when we rounded the corner there was Jakob taking out his plastic band-aid and his stethoscope to tend to Mr. Owl.  It was the cutest thing ever!

Mary

1 comment: