Wednesday, July 16, 2014

more cuteness

Alex has become a bit of a drama queen.  His speech therapist nailed it yesterday when she responded with, “You could be a soccer player.”  No matter the severity of an injury a kiss from Momma or Mommy makes it all better.  But here is the deal.  If Alex falls and hurts his head he will want you to kiss it.  But then he will also hold out his hand and make you kiss that.  We always have to kiss two body parts.  The one that was “injured” and some other random hand, or arm, or cheek, or head.  It’s great.  My favorite is when he “bumps” his head but immediately sticks his foot out for you to kiss it.  What about your head buddy?

We are in the midst of some bedtime shenanigans.  Of course most of the shenanigans come from Alex but at times the boys will work together to create chaos.  The exception was last night.  The boys had a big day at the zoo and did not nap a whole lot.  So I think they were tired.  But there is part of me that thinks I frightened Alex to bed last night.  We used to play a “monster” game at bedtime each night.  I was the monster and I would chase the boys around the nursery until I trapped them in a corner and lifted them into their crib.  This would cause fits of giggles and deep belly laughs.  So last night after the boys finished their bath I decided I would bring back the “monster” game.  The boys and I were getting our snuggles in when I started our typical countdown but with a twist of, “5 more minutes and then the ‘monster’ is coming out”.  I got a giggle from Jakob who immediately started to run around the nursery anticipating the arrival of the “monster” but I only got a raised eyebrow from Alex.  Our little thinker was at work.  It has been several months since we last played this game and Mr. Alex is now more versed in the definition of “monster”.  He knows there are “good” monsters and “bad” monsters.  I’m not sure he could remember that a “good” monster would come out to play.  So when my next time reminder came, “2 more minutes and then the ‘monster’ is coming out” I immediately got a “No. No. No. No. No.” from Mr. Alex all while he was pointing at his crib.  I was shocked.  I hesitated in my response but I finally said, “You don’t want to play monster? Do you want to go to bed?” and I got an adamant “YES”.  So off to their cribs they went without a fit.  And even more surprisingly my little man immediately laid down in the crib and wanted to go to sleep.  It was the easiest bedtime in ages.  I think I might have frightened Alex into sleeping last night!

Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment