Tuesday, June 3, 2014

summer fun



We have really been trying to keep the boys as active as possible this summer.  There are a lot of reasons for doing so.  But the most important reason ... They are boys.  They are active.  They go crazy when they are forced to sit still for too long.  So Kara and I find ourselves thinking 15 steps ahead every moment of every day.  The boys and I went on our nightly walk tonight and as we were coming back I was trying to run through different ideas in my head.  I typically have about 45 minutes to entertain the boys each night before we head inside for dinner.  We almost always play outside unless the weather is bad.  So tonight I decided to grab an empty container and fill it with dish soap.  Kara must have let the boys play with paint brushes today so they were sitting out on our patio.  I quickly learned that painting with bubbles is a hit in our house!  The water and the bubbles kept them fully entertained until dinner.  Score one for me!

Mary

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the tip! So far Punky is all about the coloring on the sidewalk with chalk, but I bet this would so be a nice change of pace and still a smashing success with her! Keep the tips coming Mama! I'm excited to steal it! :P

    ReplyDelete