Thursday, March 26, 2015

my birthday

Today is my birthday.  This is what I got for my birthday.

Alex woke-up crying at 5:15am and when I went in the nursery to bring him into our bedroom Jakob woke-up too.  Awesome.  I took Alex back to our bedroom and went back to retrieve Jakob.  Jakob was soaking wet.  (note: my boys can’t even stay dry in diapers at night how the HECK will they stay dry in underwear)  I got Jakob in new pajamas and then we headed to the bedroom.  I knew no one was going back to sleep.  We were all laying in bed “talking” (really Jakob and Alex were talking and Momma and Mommy were trying to pretend we weren’t really awake) and the boys suddenly realized it was my birthday.  And Alex immediately insisted on going downstairs and out into our garage to get my gift.  Sure.  Why not?  It’s only 5:30am.  I can only imagine the gift in the garage that awaits for me.  So down the stairs went Kara and Alex.  A few minutes later I hear the pitter patter of little feet and out of nowhere a monster truck comes hurling towards my head and behind it I hear a small voice saying, “Happy Birthday Momma.” Be still my heart.  So Kara then turns to Jakob and the following conversation takes place…

Kara: “You need to wish Momma a Happy Birthday.”
Jakob: “No.”
Kara: “How about you sing Happy Birthday to Momma?”
Jakob: “No.  I sing Itsy Bitsy Spider.”

And out came the best ever rendition of Itsy Bitsy Spider.

So those were my gifts from my crazy little boys.  I’ll take it.

Mary

4 comments:

  1. Hahahaha! Sounds like the birthday I had this past October. The joys of parenthood, right?! Happy birthday to you from us here in NM. You and my brother share a birthday, he turns 26 today and I'll tell you what I told him this morning. You share a birthday with Steven Tyler and Diana Ross... So basically you're a rock star!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All the makings of the best birthday, ever. Happy birthday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope your birthday was happy! <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just realized that I had a typo in the comment I post here. Not that it matters whatsoever but my brother turned 36, not 26. LOL, he wishes he was 26!

    ReplyDelete