Wednesday, May 7, 2014

junk food




The boys have been sick this week.  Just a little cold.  And outside of some crabbiness and runny noses the boys have really done a good job.  But of course we have held our breath each night when we put them to bed.  And of course last night the little buggers woke-up just as we were settling down for the night.  I swear they have radar.  I thought it was just Alex that had woken-up but when I went into the bedroom to try to sneak Alex out Jakob popped right up in his crib.  I actually think they woke-up because it was really warm in the nursery.  It was actually 80 degrees to be exact (I love our fancy baby monitor that gives us the temperature).  It’s so hard to judge weather in Ohio.  It’s 80 degrees one minute and then it is 30 degrees the next minute.  No joke.  So we opened up some windows to get air flowing in the bedroom and then because there is nothing to do at 11:30pm we decided to let the boys eat junk food!  We win parent of the year.  But really there are some moments when junk food is in order and Kara and I decided this was the moment.  The boys have been sick.  I made them swelter in the nursery.  They had had a busy day.  So we decided it was time to have a fun moment.  It was actually really cute because the boys have become obsessed with Lucky Charms.  They usually get them as a snack.  But of course they are only obsessed with the marshmallows.  So when we took the boys downstairs last night to get a snack Alex started to freak out because they had finished the Lucky Charms earlier in the day.  I did not want a temper tantrum at 11:30pm so I ran downstairs and grabbed a new box of Lucky Charms from our basement.  I’m a bit of a coupon nut so we have a lot of cereal on reserve because one can never pass up free cereal.  There are actually about 30 boxes of cereal in our basement at the moment.  I have a problem.  I know.  Anyhow the look on Alex’s face as I came up the stairs with a box of Lucky Charms was absolutely priceless!  It was pure joy.  And it was worth it at that moment to be up at 11:30pm on a “school night”.  We let the boys finish their snack and then we took them upstairs for story time.  And amazingly enough the boys went right back to sleep within minutes.  It could have been because the nursery had cooled down quite a bit.  It ended up being a good night.  So the pictures you see are of the boys devouring their midnight snack. 

Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment